PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Transom & Gimble Assembly

Stan
04-25-2000, 01:52 PM
I am being offered the item pictured below.
( Sorry the picture is a little dark) It is a transom bracket and gimbal for a Bravo Outdrive. It appears to be in new condition, still has a cardboard cover in place and tags. The price is $ 1400

Although I don't have a need for this right now, I know that in the near future I will be repowering a boat. Hopefully a 22 Classic. I know that new engines are easy to buy, Bravo Outdrives are hard to buy...I think that this item below is IMPOSSIBLE to buy new ! Am I correct ?

Any thoughts ??
( Boy, thats a loaded question )

Stan

http://home.earthlink.net/~seh1/_uimages/Bravooutdrive.jpg

AVickers
04-25-2000, 02:05 PM
No job's too tough if the money's enough.

I know that outdrives.com has new assemblies available 'cause they just priced one for me to convert my Alpha setup to a Bravo -- all new parts including shift cables and water pump.

I don't have it itemized, but it might be worth an inquiry to determine if $1,400 is a buy worth keeping around the garage until you get a boat in need of a repower...

RickR,GroveCity
04-25-2000, 07:00 PM
Stan
When pricing make sure you include bell housing and power steering parts

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

GeneD
04-27-2000, 08:24 PM
Forrest is the man to answer this question, he knows the latest prices on all Merc parts.
FYI (for y'all's information)
The bellhousing on a BB is the same on a SM. Yeah, the steering mechanism is a problem, but hopefully it can be salvaged from the old set up. Any 22 is going to be Merc powered, won't it?
BTW, anyone got a spare steering ram for a Merc? I tried bidding on one on EBAY, but got outbid at the last minute - as usual.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Forrest
04-28-2000, 11:13 AM
Sounds like a good deal to me, but I have quit buying things that I'm not going to use within the next few months or so, unless of course, it's just a rippin' good deal. I've recently gone the Just-In-Time system for parts procurement. Everything else gets sold on eBay!