PDA

View Full Version : Back home from Sarasota

jbishop
10-18-2001, 06:33 PM
What an event! Mike and Nick Miller as well as everyone at Donzi Marine made this something to remember. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to be boating in the Gulf with some of the nicest peoiple I've ever met.
We decided to stay at the Hyatt until Wednesday morning. I purchased a mirage plus 25 pitch and was able to get 76.3 m.p.h. @5200rpm on GPS.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at Donzi events next year.
After talking with George Desmond I'm sure I'll be dropping in my 540 stroker motor so I can keep up with him.
Thanks for a GREAT TIME!!!!

Jim Bishop

HP 600SC
10-18-2001, 10:19 PM
Cool! is that 76.3 GPS or Radar?

Tomahawk
10-19-2001, 05:26 AM
Jim - it was good to meet you as well. Holy smokes man, I didn't realize your boat was that fast! What sort of motor do you have in there? Guess I was too busy polishing and should have looked more closly at your boat.
BTW - if you haven't signed up for AOTH II, do it and come to Lake Cumberland in May for a great freshwater time.

Dr. Dan
10-19-2001, 08:25 AM
Ah Yes, The Great 22 Classic contingent! Great to meet you all we had a great time in spite of some unscheduled "finish work on our boats", planning on doing the horse thing in May if all works out! Jim and Tom, you guys only inspire me to keep throughing more time and $$$$ at our boat, someday ours might look half as good as both of your "fine" boats!...Learned alot this last weekend, thanks and have a safe holiday season!...Danny & Liz :D

jbishop
10-19-2001, 12:29 PM
Tom,
My boat has the 502 Magnum EFI in it. I enjoy tweeking the stock motors to see what I can get out of them before dropping in something more radical. There's nothing like having a boat that runs in the mid seventies and retains the same reliability as when it was new.

Al I've done to this engine is clean up the exhaust ports and reflow the heads. My next step was to reprogram the ECU which increased the fuel injector pulse width,timing advance,and moved the rev-limiter to 5400 rpm.

I've installed several Stainless Marine exhaust systems like yours and have seen an increase in 300 to 400 rpm and speed increases of two to three mph.I hope to have a set by Christmas.

I built a 540cid motor for my old Fountain that only has dyno time on it. I'm thinking of dropping it in for the AOTH 2 event.

I need to talk to some other members to see how the boat performs with 560 horsepower.

Take Care!
Jim Bishop

Tomahawk
10-20-2001, 07:09 AM
Jim - very cool. That makes sense. I think "Road Trip" has the same engine as yours and is planning to jack it up a bit. "Donzi Tester" is already there. You might want to correspond with those guys.