PDA

View Full Version : I need a story!!!!

mattyboy
10-17-2001, 07:26 PM
formula jr,madpoodle,Somebody.
I need to hear a story about donziing,you know the sun,some boatsodas,maybe even a babe and some air time.please i'm begging you guys it only been a week without her its gonna be a long winter. got alot to do little stuff round the house all the stuff i blew off in the summer to take a ride.I guess it's not too cold to paint the house when i hang the xmas lights? :eek:
and i have some gardening. How do you guys grow them tomatoes down south all year I need those tips I'm starting with seeds and i figure the snow will give em enough water.I'll need em ripe for my new years eve lasagna :p

Matt
I know it's still summer somewhere :eek:

DON N.
10-17-2001, 09:00 PM
A COUPLE A YEARS AGO ON THE FIRST OUTING OF THE SUMMER I HAD MY GIRL FRIEND AND ANOTHER COUPLE WITH ME I NOTICED A RATHER LARGE CRUISER HEADING SOUTH ON THE UPPER HUDSON RIVER BETWEEN SCHYLERVILLE & STILLWATER WHIPPING OUT A HUGE WAKE. SO I THOUGHT I WOULD SNEEK UP BEHIND HIM AND PEEL OFF ALONG SIDE HIM TO KIND OF SUPRISE HIM , WELL I GOT GOING SO FAST AND THE WAVE SEEMED BIGGER I STARTED TO GET A LITTLE SCARED MYSELF,SEEMS LIKE I HIT THE FIRST WAVE FROM BEHIND (MEANING TO PASS HIM ON THE PORT SIDE) WELL I PULLED THE THROTTLE BACK JUST ENOUGH WHERE I WENT UP IN THE AIR AND LANDED IN THE CREST OF THE ROLLER WAVE AND HIT THE THROTTLE AGAIN SOME HOW MY 18'DONZI HOOKED TO THE RIGHT COME ACROSS HIS TRANSOM ( MISSING BY WHAT SEEMED LIKE INCHES) AND I CAME BLASTING OUT THE STARBOARD SIDE , WITH A HIGHLY IRRATE CRUISER CAPTAIN SHAKING HIS FIST. I GUESS MY PASSENGERS THOUGHT I DID IT ON PURPOSE SHOWING OFF. I NEVER SAID NOTHING THAT I DIDN'T BUT MY GIRL FRIEND LOOKED ME IN THE EYE LATER AND SAID SHE THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO LAND IN BACK OF THE CRUISER SHE KNEW I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE, SO NOW I GET A LITTLE CRUISING TIME BEFORE ANY WAVE JUMPING. :eek: HOPE THIS CHEERS YA UP! STILL A LITTLE ASHAMED THOUGH.

Dalelama
10-18-2001, 05:40 AM
Scott (and Matt)

I figured on packing the Bacardi Black....
I took it easy last weekend... this weekend we PARTY! The Bay should lay down after these 25 knot winds die off later today....Alabama Jacks in Key Largo I suppose?

Removed the port side exhaust manifold last night and spent about 2 hours banging, scraping and jigging it... freed up alot of debris.. and finally got a piece of old impeller material out... water flows thru it again.... pick up gaskets today and re-install.... plan on running up to Mike Gordon's for sushi tomarrow night, with a stop t Scottie's Landing in the Grove for starters!

Just North of the Poodle's piles.......

mattyboy
10-18-2001, 07:08 AM
thanx Don,when I bought my boat the test drive was on the hudson, and a big freighter passed and I looked at my buddy, winked and headed for it but the old owner kinda freaked( I guess cause the money was still in my pocket) so slowed down and turned around.

Scott and Dale my rescue rangers,
you guys know how to cheer a guy up!
feel much better now :rolleyes:
I prefer baccardi limon with tonic or maybe a 007 ( baccardi O and stohly orange with 7up)
kinda sweet but takes the edge off mighty quick, good for the ladies to drink :eek:
so if you guys could find it in the goodness of your hearts, have a couple for me.also get a little air for me, I like to start my ride off with a little hopping, then I let her porpoise for a while, then stand on it for a while, then break for a boatsoda and start over again.

Have fun this weekend :D
no I really mean it, go have fun.
I'll be allright :rolleyes:
but I still want to hear all about it

come on I know there are more stories out there.
Matt
high but not so dry :eek:

boldts
10-18-2001, 07:16 AM
I've got a story about wake jumping back in my early years of Donzi ownership. I however did not have anyone with me luckily. I was crusing on a local lake and came upon a large cruiser also. Thinking how cool it would be to show the ladies on the cruiser the underside of my Donzi, I launch my boat off the cruisers wake. It was beautiful. High and flat. Here is the lesson learned part. As I started to land gracefully back into the water, a rogue wave appeared and bounced me almost completely out of my boat. It's a good thing the 18' Classic has the side hand rails because that is what I had a hold of after the landing. I was hanging on to that rail with everything else on the outside of the cockpit. :eek: I was able to reach up with one hand and push the throttle into the neutrul position. :) Needless to say, my first action on Monday morning was to call Mercury Marine and order a kill switch for my boat. It doesn't just hang there and look racy either. I use it everytime I am running my boat. Looking back, it must have been very commical to the passengers of the cruiser. I was very lucky that day. :cool:

ALLAN BROWN
10-18-2001, 07:47 AM
I've got your stinking wake jumping story. Picture this.... Biscayne Bay 1965. Don Aronow testing a wooden 21' of his own (bar napkin) design, jumping the wake of a 50' charter boat from the castaways. I am at home on Saturday afternoon when he calls and says "Go to the Castaways dock and square up with the charter boat "Half Moon". "I sort of bumped into it". The charter boats back into the dock, so that you get a good view of the transom. On the starboard side of the top of the transom is a big dent with blue paint in it. There is a matching one on the rear lip of the bridge, another on the top of the bridge where the bimini top used to be, a big one on the front deck, and another on the forward cap rail where the bow rail formerly resided. Apparently, the boat was still operable, because he shouted to the crew that he was sinking and had to go haul out.

We repaired the boat, and two weeks later, he called on Saturday and asked to have the same boat picked up from 79th St causeway, at the Funfair. I mentioned that I didn't recall a dock there. "There ain't. It's on the lawn!" We didn't put that one into production.

CDMA
10-18-2001, 07:50 AM
Allan I love it. Great story.

Chris

boldts
10-18-2001, 08:56 AM
Mr. Brown,
You're the best story teller. I could have listened to you all night on Saturday in Sarasota. Your scrapbook of articles and pictures from your racing days is fantastic. I'll cherish the opportunity for the rest of my life. Thank-you!

mattyboy
10-18-2001, 10:11 AM
Mr Brown,
that is truly a great story, you've made my day. hope to meet you some day.
Boldts, it's not the takeoff that gets you it's the landing.
guys I'm feeling better already
ok got the wake jumping story how about the sunshine and the babes!
Matt

ALLAN BROWN
10-18-2001, 10:35 AM
The best jumping story of mine is from the 1964 Sam Griffith Memorial race, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Bimini-Miami. It was rougher than a bitch. In those days, we didn't have the "small-craft rule". If it was too rough for you, don't go. A customer of mine called and said that he was in a hotel in Miami Beach and heard a lot of noise from the ocean. He said that he glanced out the window, and saw John Raulerson's 30' diesel Alim v30 go right past his window. I said "What is so strange about that?" He said I am on the seventh floor.

mattyboy
10-18-2001, 03:36 PM
thanx Scott P.
nice pics I'm trying to post em but to no avail. who's cliff?
nice air, glad to see a yank among all them southern boys ;) so who were the ladies in you boat??????

Matt
one day nearer to boating season

Scott Pearson
10-18-2001, 04:18 PM
Matt

Cliff (Bertram Boy). We had a blast that day. Girls? Who knows? All I know is they where real nice to look at.

(NJ)Scott

RickR
10-18-2001, 04:21 PM
Pic says it all :D
http://donzi.net/photos/rickr05oystercatchers.jpg

BERTRAM BOY
10-18-2001, 04:32 PM
Blast doesn't even begin to describe the fun we had......Especialy wake jumping in Pearsons Multi-award winning boat. Which by the way, he's not afraid to put through it's paces. I,m not sure that the boat was even in the water most of the time....... Although, It's a bitch when it stalls and it comes down on it's side.......
BERTRAM BOY
:D :eek: :D

Scott Pearson
10-19-2001, 07:13 AM
Scott,

Ahhh...she got over it (Laughing). She said she would have taken pictures of me with the girls on my boat. I didn't want to push my luck at that point. I got some great shots anyway.

Cliff,
I'm still laughing...Man. after the motor quit I thought we where headed to the sand bar for a unplaned beaching at WOT!

We where running pretty hard that day...I even broke the shifter...Hummm, Not looking foward to climbing in there to fix the thing.

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
10-19-2001, 08:43 AM
Scott,
I'm glad to hear you not one of those sissy mary's that baby their baby,you know the type like at car shows the car is perfect but it rides on the trailer and it is very rarely started, but the car next to it is just as perfect and the guy drives it to work every day That's my kind of guy.
now let me see if I can post the pic of you and bertram boy taring it up in fla http://www.donzi.net/photos/mveth01.jpg
I thought one of those ladies was the mrs.
boy you must have had some explaining to do.

Matt
hope this works

TRU-JACK
10-19-2001, 11:00 AM
Mattyboy, I'm not sure where you're from, but I'm about a hour north of Toronto, and am planning my winterization this weekend, but last night before my hockey game, i squeezed an amazing rip around the lake at WOT, in 3 foot chop and a very cold and slightly snow filled wind! Boat runs great in the cool water, but I was frozen and could barely move my fingers. Not too exciting of a story, but to be yahooing at the top of my lungs at 50 plus mph in a slight snow storm was a BLAST!!! :D

BigGrizzly
10-19-2001, 11:34 AM
Matt, At the Sarasota event, I had the honor of having Brownie ride with me. He is the best passenger there is. He just sits there until you get into a little disarray, then he pointss, you go in that direction and everything is fine. He is better than any GPS there is

Randy

mattyboy
10-19-2001, 02:46 PM
Tru Jack,
I'm an hour north of NYC and about 6 hours south of you. the problem is they lower my lake 10' for weed control( what is it a bath tub or what?)that's why my boating season got cut short!
Griz,
that is an honor, when someone is good at what they do it is always a pleasure to watch them work. It must be great to know the water that way!

Matt

marcdups
10-19-2001, 03:44 PM
Noy a Donzi story but a good one, I am 17 yrs old and had an overpowered 14.5 fft Shakespeare ( built in the UK ) with a 75 hp Yamaha, boat would run in the mid 50's and you could barefoot behind it and it loved jumping waves and chicks, well one sunny day, yours truly had discovered this young German lady, her name was Birgit, will never forget it, so after riding around the bay, swimming, messing around, little waterskiing, i decide the lagoon is too crowded to perform what was next on the list of things to accomplish, so we head out to the mighty open ocean!!! finally alone, engine stopped and bucket seats not the place to do such things, we'll just have to mess up the back seat, after a while to my suprise water was up to the seat bottom, holt S**t, half the engine under water, tried to start same, battery shorted, send the young lady on the bow, remove cowl and try to rope start, nuthing!!Being wet behind the ears , no anchor, no lifejackets, no flares, boat decides it will not float another minute, goggle,goggle sink!!! so here we are butt naked, one mile from shore and no boat!!Yeeha, it was a good thing she knew how to swim and what a long swim that was, finally got back to shore with some cuts from walking across the reef, walked in the water along the beach at shoulder level until we spotted a bungalo that had some towels on a clothes line, made a dash for it and luckily did not get busted, Back at the hotel we got into the shower and finished what we were doing before we were rudely interupted.
went diving for the boat for two days straight and as of today it has yet to be found.

Moral of the story, use your boat for boating and your bunk for boinking :eek:

Towel Boy!!!

My next boat was a 21 ft wooden pirogue, chinese bamboo outriggers, twin 9.9 johnsons, penn senators 14/0, Marlins here we come :D :D

BERTRAM BOY
10-19-2001, 06:01 PM
Damn..... I love that picture. That's my new wallpaper. Scott ,Cathy done real good.
BERTRAM BOY :D :eek: :D

Scott Pearson
10-19-2001, 06:11 PM
Cliff,
Looks like your holding on tight...Real tight! Yea...I think I will keep Cathy around a little while longer...hummmmm.

Matty,
I am a little anal about my boat, But I'm not afraid to use it. Even though I didnt take it to Gators on Saturday. If it was just Cliff and I, We would have went for it I think. Cliff hanges in there pretty good...(Laughing). And salt washes off. Couple years from now if I keep it...I will redo it again...Hummmm What color???

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
10-19-2001, 08:23 PM
here's the other pic. where's Cliff did he fall down or out? My outlook keep it clean keep it tuned and keep it running and use it http://donzi.net/photos/mveth02.jpg
this will make a nice wallpaper
your next color HUH? I would go for a red whit and blue combo some thing like the new 22 se white hull red sides blue water stripe
white deck red stripe blue pipping or to go off the deep end that new mystique paint ford has it changes from black to blue to dark green depending on your view?
one day putting in a phone at the ford dealer saw a nice mustang gt black on the show room floor, go into service come out a different door now it was a green mustang?
Thanks again for the pics
so that's where the name comes from
towel boy!!!!!!

Matt

BERTRAM BOY
10-19-2001, 09:14 PM
Where was I? Well, I don't know if I should tell you guys, but you'd probably find out sooner or later. I was in the woods getting sick from drinking to much gin the night before :o :rolleyes: Well, hey at least I didn't end up in bed with Jamesbon.......
BERTRAM BOY

mattyboy
10-19-2001, 09:25 PM
any port in a storm, Bertram!!!!
sounds like I missed a good one!!!
consumption of mass quantaties!!!
was that before or after the ride with Scott!!!

Matt

BERTRAM BOY
10-19-2001, 09:37 PM
Well,
I wasn't feeling to good before I got into the boat with Scott....But it did happen after..... Woooww what a ride.

Scott Pearson
10-19-2001, 11:09 PM
You guys are cracking me up. Must have been a bad shot in that bottle huh Cliff??? I hate it when you get half way through a bottle a Gin and come across a bad shot. Man, that screws the whole night up.

Scott (MP) And where are you going with that comment??? I make myself sick when I drive my boat...Sometimes I feel like I'm going to have a "Crap Attack"...I cant put my finger on it. I didn't want Cliff to know...Might scare him.

(NJ)Scott