PDA

View Full Version : Re: lab prop

riverrat
10-17-2001, 05:14 PM
Well folks, the count down begins today. Mr. "Donzitester" has shipped the 25" merc lab prop to my location.(THANKS TED ) Testing will begin saturday morning at Lake Conroe, Texas.(If U.P.S. does their part)Anyway, I be back with the results for those who are interested. :D :p :D

riverrat
10-22-2001, 09:43 PM
Okay, the results are in.. I got no more MPH.. However, the holeshot & midrange are much better. In reading the "Donzi web site" I pulled up the performance section on the "18 classic & they say with the 350 mag mpi & alpha drive the boat will run 65-69. I'm there.
About the prop THANKS TED!. It looks just like a regular Mirage Plus at first glance. However the blades are quite a bit thinner and it's not shiney. They leave it satin finished. My boat came with a 23" Mirage Plus & I was on the rev limiter when trimmed out WOT. I have had it re-pitched to a 25" & it works very well also. Point is the boat will pull a 25" with no problem.

Has any one tried one of the cleaver props on a '18? I think I thru since I now have two props but, I would like to know if they work.

thanks ya'll :D :D :D

BigGrizzly
10-22-2001, 11:25 PM
I don'r use them, however Forests bots rock with them with the ss lower units. Your best option is another brand. From what you have your gains will be maybe 1-2 mph. That lab is the best Merc has to offer and Ted knows the best merc prop for your boat.

Randy

CDMA
10-22-2001, 11:36 PM
I run a 21 cleaver on a raised x dimension 18 with an alpha one. Power is a stock 260 mercruiser. It runs 62 every day of the week and I have seen 63.2. I think what you have on there is REAL close to optimal for your boat. I would like to be running a mirage on mine.

Chris