PDA

View Full Version : drive for a 69 16?

WarPath137
10-17-2001, 10:32 AM
i am about to purchase a 69 ski and sport 16 and it has the origional h and m o/d but doesn't have trim, what is the easiest replacement for this that requires the least work? can i just get a newer volvo 250 o/d that has power trim and tilt and just replace the old one or do i have to plug the transom and re cut it to fit a new o/d? will the existing setup work for a newer volvo or do i have to plug it and start all over again, and does any one know where i can find a volvo speed(E) lower unit :confused:

mattyboy
10-17-2001, 04:06 PM
warpath,
good luck on the purchase.
I have a 68 16 with the h/m moody setup
there are 3 settings for trim ( manual )
mine is in the middle( best setting) with it
up as far as it goes the boat gunwale walks
I feel I don't need trim. my boat runs fine without it. but if you want tilt/trim you will have to go to the volvo 290 or I believe volvo makes an new sx that will bolt right up or there is a plate that will let you bolt up an alpha? I would test drive the boat move the settings and test it you'll be
suprized! have no leads on a e lower unit sorry. remember the 250 is a tough drive it will take a beating. post pics as soon as you can.

Matt
have you seen my wife lately? she's always on the warpath :p

BigGrizzly
10-17-2001, 08:45 PM
The easiest replacement is a 280T, but hard to fine. only 280T and 290 have power trim. The middle is the best setting, tried them all on my hoats.

Randy