PDA

View Full Version : Rate Member??

Forrest
07-25-2001, 09:58 AM
Scot, the new board looks and works great, but what is this rate member stuff? Everyone here rates a 12 on a scale of one to ten, and six stars on the board's current star rating scale. I personally don't think that its necessary to "rate" fellow members.

boxy
07-25-2001, 10:36 AM
Forrest, about 6 months ago when OffShoreOnly.com upgraded their board, and turned it from a a waste of cyber-space to something more like the informantion exchange that occurs here, they had the same rating system. In about 5 days everybody had 5 stars, and they scrapped the system. ;) ;)

Jamesbon
07-25-2001, 12:50 PM
Hey Forrest,
Next time you log in, throw me 5 stars, would ya?! ;)

Forrest
07-25-2001, 02:43 PM
. . . five more stars coming your way . . . you too, Boxy!

Crazy Horse
08-14-2001, 05:13 PM
I want 5 stars too:
1. Michelle Phieffer
2. Meg Ryan
3. Sharon Stone
4. Madonna
5. Elizabeth Hurley

Moody Blu'
08-14-2001, 06:47 PM
why dont they tell who rated you?
I just want to know who rated me :rolleyes: :o :(

Ranman
08-14-2001, 07:16 PM
Looked int rating myself, but I guess that was wishful thinking. Just wishing on a star...or five :cool:

GeneD
08-14-2001, 11:30 PM
Uh, let's leave this alone.
I noticed that I now have a 5 star rating and don't want to lose it!!!!!

harbormaster
08-15-2001, 01:12 AM
Guys, forget the stars. They are some kinda bull that I thought yu guys would have fun with. They are meaningless....

Gene I don't know how you got all those stars... I will fix that.

Moody Blu'
08-15-2001, 07:50 AM
here is something interesting, I just looked at my stars in another topic and I had two, but I came into this topic and looked at my first post and it had one???????
:confused:
edit: hmm I hit refresh before I typed what I typed and it still had one star but after this post it went to two stars.
I dont mind working for my stars!
I had one now I have two!!
I only deserve two right now, since I am still earning about the technical boat stuff.

once I start to install a new drive then I think I will be worthy of five stars.

I know what a headache putting a new drive in will be from reaping ther topics, frankly I am a bit scared.
I think I will just buy one of those transom adaptors and be done with it!
I really dont want to pull the engine though, I had to twist the engine to get it in the boat(I put the engine in with the glenwood headers on already) :eek: :eek:

there is another board I use to frequent(not anymore) and the differece was instead of stars you were a "thug" -"captain" - "hitman"- "capo" -"godfather"
Ie mob style rating :p