PDA

View Full Version : FIRE HELP

Donzified
02-06-2002, 11:40 AM
Last Wednesday I was feeling guilty about leaving my favorite toy {yellow 1976 X-18}out side in the cold,so I payed the winter storage bill and tucked her away in my nice warm clean warehouse{I keep one for my insulation/fireproofing buisness},took the canvas off cleaned her up and let her set to dry out.
Sunday at two oclock I swing by to wash of my old Fleetwood and The bright red firetrucks were starting to pull away.FIRE what a mess.
It seams that a diesel truck caught fire because of faulty wireing.All my constrution equipment is covered with black nasty.My bright yellow Donzi is BLACK. Talk about bad timming!
Makes me want to cry.
So now I am looking at my fellow Donzimen to help in documenting the value of my favorite toy.
The soot looks like it is washing off fairly well
But i don't know if I will ever be able to get it all.I am looking at new interior,to bad it was only two seasons old,carpet.Can any one repost Built Right number for me.Last time I had it custom made but this time I think I'l try Built Right.
I am concerned about the wiring and my new Gafrig guages also the hose for my hydrolic steering,Everting lools ok but when your out in the big water things have to be better than "looks Ok".
There was three or four SeaRay's damaged and It looks like they may be totaled .They were fairly new and can be replaced.I don't see how I can replace my X. **** I don't want to replace it!

So I'm looking for something tangable I can show the insurance people inregard to dollar worth. I'm afraid that they won't see the rarity of a 1976 boat.

On a brighter note ,It may be black but it's still on the trailer,Boy I shure came close to losing her!

Sam
02-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Keith, let me know if you need any help. My honey do list is next to nothing so I have some time.

Sam

Sam
02-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Kieth, here is the number for Built-Rite 904-259-4807.

mattyboy
02-06-2002, 05:56 PM
Donzified,
I feel bad for you, does the boat have any heat damage or is it smoke damage? don't take crap from the insurance co. get prices on a the following
new interior with installation
new carpet with installation
new wiring harness with installation
new gauges
clean and re- paint job
and the price for a new 18 for kickers
and point them to this sight to see the rarity of your boat.

do what your signature says
keep your nose up and give it to the insurance co on the chin!
if I can help let me know

Matt

KMLFAMILY
02-06-2002, 06:12 PM
KEITH, THAT HAD TO BE A HELLUVA SHOCK. I"M SURE IT"LL BE BETTER THAN NEW. ONCE YOU GET THROUGH ALL THE B.S. AND HARD WORK. JUST THINK OF THOSE SUNSET RIDES AND THE ADMIRERS OF THAT BABY. frown.gif

Digger
02-09-2002, 12:18 PM
wow, don't have anything constructive to add to the above advice, just a dose of moral support...good luck with the fixes!!

Gearhead99
02-09-2002, 02:47 PM
Sorry to hear your loss. Know how you feel, I lost a vette and 428CJ to a body shop fire.