PDA

View Full Version : MARINE SURPLUS has old boat parts

Donzigo
02-04-2002, 10:53 PM
I was down at Marine Surplus, in Sarasota, today and found a whole bunch of VDO instruments. There was even an entire instrument panel for the Z-25 Donzi and many many parts from Donzis and Wellcrafts and Chris Crafts. the place is 21,000 Sq. Ft. of stuff. the Wellcraft, Donzi, and Chris Craft factories are in a triangle and Marine Surplus is in the middle, sort of. They buy overstock, and old discontinued parts, all kinds of stuff to do with those boats.

Marine Surplus
7070-7090 15th St. East.
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Phone: 941-758-3552
Fax: 941-758-8495

The place has been there for years. Maybe others have mentioned this place before now, so if that's true, I apologize for the duplicate post. But, if someone is looking for something they can't find, this might be a source. I saw many many VDO guages, Gaffrig, from soup to nuts, they got it.

Cuda
02-05-2002, 06:10 AM
Did they have any seats there?

Donzigo
02-05-2002, 11:27 AM
Yeah, they have lots of seats. Hey, Cuda, I saw two great looking seats with DOZNI embroidered on them at Don's Salvage, in St. Petersburg, the other day. They were eggshell or white, can't remember, with red and blue accents. Very cool. I thought about getting them and putting them on my dock on pedistles, (spelling -2pts, neveer could spell). Marine Surplus had seats from zx models, too. Very expensive, though.

Cuda
02-05-2002, 02:13 PM
I was at Don's a couple weeks ago, he had a couple Donzi seats, but didn't have two that matched. He said he was supposed to be getting more in in a week or two, maybe those are what you saw. I will take a ride over there tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

DAULEY
02-05-2002, 04:14 PM
Richard
Its bob in lakegeneva wis where it cold
Did you notice if they had any parts for a z29 i need a glove box also rear black plex glass trim pieces also leavers for drop down bolsters
THANKS BOB

Donzigo
02-05-2002, 04:51 PM
If anyone wants to call, Don's Salvage is in St. Petersburg / Clearwater Largo.

Don's Salvage Yard
5601 126th Ave. North
St. Petersburg, Florida
727-576-8677

Cuda, have you ever seen such a conglomeration of stuff, really interesting stuff, and just plain trash. But, I gotta tell you, if it's boating parts you want, it's there, if you got time to go through it.

Yes, I did see two white matching DONZI seats, looked like for an 18 Classic. Sort of squared off geometric loking things, and not round like some of the bucket seats.

Bob, your best chance at finding the Z-29 back black panels is at Marine Surplus, the handles too. They are very organized and can pretty much tell you what they have. Much better quality too.
Bob, you can have someone in plastic fabrication make those black panels. I'm sure those seat s are from Perko or someone in the business. they should be easy to acquire, once you fine the source. I'll look for them for you, next time I go to Marine Surplus.

There is another Don's Salvage in Bradenton (no relation); but, there isn't nearly as much stuff there. But, I have found DONZI parts there over the years, too.

Greg
02-06-2002, 06:59 PM
Hey Bob, (DAULEY) There was a marine salvage place just south of Milwaukee Called Kendor Corp. I havn't been up that for years, but it might still be there. Greg

DAULEY
02-06-2002, 07:04 PM
Greg
kendor is still there igo there twice a month but no donzi parts
THANKS BOB

Cuda
02-06-2002, 11:52 PM
I made it over to Don's Salvage today, but all the seats were gone. frown.gif He had one set of teal and white seats without the logo, but someone had given him a deposit on it already. He said he may have some more in a week or two. He said he got $350 a pair for them.

Donzigo
02-06-2002, 11:55 PM
Cuda, when I was there, the Donzi seats I saw were $150 each. I'll let you know if I see some on my rounds of boat places.

harbormaster
02-07-2002, 12:59 AM
Anyone been to Daytona Surplus Marine?
They are located at 825 Ballough Dr.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
(386) 255-3528