PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

jerry van
04-14-2000, 09:07 AM
Recently there was a discussion on insurance rates. I should have copied the posts at that time. Anyway my insurance is up for renewal and the Company decided to add a "high performance vessel endorsement" and a "windstorm deductable endorsement" (hurricane coverage)..... thus a $848.00 premium for $10,000 hull and $500,000 P&I. The Company said, in their opinion, if the "speed capabilities" of the vessel were 40 mph or under, the premium would be half. Any comments or leads would be appreciated.

Donziflyer
04-14-2000, 01:53 PM
Jerry-
I have an 89 22' Classic 330hp 460ci OMC King Cobra/Ford and told my Safeco agent that it goes a bit over 55 mph (that's the truth when I'm loaded http://206.150.187.82/ubb/wink.gif). I am Married, 34 years old and I have two 5 mph speeding tickets (almost ready to drop off http://206.150.187.82/ubb/biggrin.gif). My wife is 32 and she has a spotless driving record. I have full coverage since the bank owns a big chunk of our Donzi and my policy shows the trailer and boat as worth $20,000. My premium is $368 a year.

I am an internet auto sales guy and I see a lot of insurance info. I would suggest that you contact Safeco, State Farm, Progressive and Gieco directly not an agent. Contact them online (online quote) or call and tell them your shopping the internet. This should promote a close bottom dollar response.

Get a few quotes and then NEGOTIATE with the most accommodating respondant/individual (if they are friendly and helpful this usually means they want to work for you).

I wish you the best,

Pauly

------------------
PaulH

[This message has been edited by Donziflyer (edited 04-14-2000).]

jon v don z
04-15-2000, 01:16 PM
My Safeco agent said he had to terminate my coverage with Safeco on my classic 18 2+3 due to my son's unfortunate yet statistically predictable lousy driving record. He told me that my boat insurance, like my car insurance, would have to go to a non-preferred carrier, with a much higher premium. That is in fact what happened to my car insurance...it doubled. The good news is, the company screwed up, and sent me a Safeco renewal at the older rate: $362. I paid the premium immediately. They haven't caught the error...good thing, because the quoted higher rate was (gulp) $1500. Got lucky.