PDA

View Full Version : important info

harbormaster
10-11-2001, 08:23 PM
I have received word from a "reliable source" (law enforcement) that they have information that "go-fast" boats over 30' in length are targeted to be stolen soon.

They will not be stolen for resale purposes.

Sorry, that was all the information my source was allowed to give me.

Please pass this information along AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to anyone you know who has this type boat.

Extreme Measures
10-11-2001, 08:43 PM
HELLO SCOT

THANK FOR THE INFO ABOUT THE BOATS, IN WHAT AREA ARE THE BOATS BEING STOLEN FROM?

THANKS AGAIN SCOT

YOUR FRIEND IN BOATING
EXTREME MEASURESnullnull

harbormaster
10-11-2001, 08:50 PM
Well, they did not say. I am in the Gulf cost area of Texas. I will try to get more info.

Here is where I heard it from:
June Muecke, Communications Director
& Marine Division Coordinator
Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce
281-488-7676 phone
281-488-8981 fax
june@clearlakearea.com

Sagbay32
10-11-2001, 09:49 PM
Probably for the Bin Laden Navy.

shovelfxr
10-12-2001, 12:23 AM
god have mercy on the poor soul who tries to steal something from me and ends up on the business end of a desert eagle 50

Formula Jr
10-12-2001, 01:22 AM
Unfortunately, the typical theft of a larger boat occurs on the water by people faking distress or otherwise getting close enough to kill everyone on board and take the boat. they do that cause it opens at least a 12 hour window to use the boat undetected and they know the boat runs.
I know this isn't exactly how we want to be prepared, but its the standard method of taking a larger boat. They don't take them from your driveway or slip.
As someone who has always driven large cargo vans cross-country, its something I was always attuned to and I don't stop for hell or high water till I'm in a public area or there was no oppertunity for someone to case the vehicle.