PDA

View Full Version : FREE FUEL

kevin
04-11-2000, 10:14 PM
WELL OK ITS NOT FREE, BUT DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN GET MONEY BACK FOR EVERY GALLON OF FUEL YOU USE IN YOUR BOAT. (COOL) IN MISSOURI IT IS 17CENTS A GALLON. DOES ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THE FEDERAL REBATE, I FOUND SOME INFO BUT NO FORM YET, IM STILL LOOKING. I THINK THE FED. REBATE IS 18CENTS PER GALLON. 35CENTS PER GALLON REBATE TOTAL, ON EVERY GALLON OF FUEL USED IN A BOAT. I CANT AFFORD NOT TO GET OUT Z BOP AND RUN ALL DAY.

harbormaster
04-11-2000, 11:10 PM
I believe it is because there is a 37 cent road tax added by the US Government.

Since you boat does not use roads, you can it back.

kevin
04-12-2000, 12:11 PM
THAT IS CORRECT BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE FORMS TO GET THIS FEDERAL MONEY BACK. BETWEEN THE DONZI, BASS BOAT, AND TWO SEADOOS RUNNING ALL WEEKEND AT THE LAKE WE CAN GO THROUGH SOME FUEL

Jamesbon
04-12-2000, 12:58 PM
Hmmmmmm, does this apply to Florida too?
Nathan
nschlaeppi@templeton.com

BERTRAM BOY
04-13-2000, 07:05 PM
I'm not sure how to go about getting tax money back from the federal government, but try checking the government web site; both state and fed. That's were I got my state form from. The only thing is that you have to have saved all your receipts from the previous year.
If you trailer your boat, it's easy to get receipts at a gas station,but it's a little more difficult on the water.
of course I've also heard of people saving there receipts after filling up their car. but that would be illegal. We wouldn't want to cheat Uncle Sam out of our money now would we?!!!!!

BERTRAM BOY