PDA

View Full Version : ...never heard of one of "These" here before...

oldLenny
02-02-2002, 12:18 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1802492458

harbormaster
02-02-2002, 04:39 PM
Len,
FYI, All you had to do is click on the search selection at the top of this screen and type in missle. You will find that we have talked about this before. I am amazed at the amout of folks that do not use the search feature of this board.

When you get bored use the search to do some catching up...

oldLenny
02-02-2002, 05:18 PM
Oops,. I missed that information when discussed a while back. My apologies. rolleyes.gif

I had never seen a pic of it before.

"The Outboard tunnel hull, Don brought home and then made a Magnum version there of, can you name the Italian designer.. Just after the Magnum boat there was a flurry of copies, DUO and Carlson. All based on this Paris six hour race boat. I believe these were the first production tunnels ever available in the US..... They were very cool...and very fast......Nothing could touch them with the new 125 mercs.

"The "Magnum Missile" was a derivation from a design by the King of Outboard Tunnel Hulls, Renalto Molinari."

"The Magnum Missle was a copy of the Austrian racing champ and boatbuilder, Dieter Schulze. Don bought a 16' and a 19' and copied both of them. After we sold Donzi to the Chisholms, I worked the 1968 Miami Boat Show for Don selling the 16' missle. The demo boat had a 135 Merc, and ran 65 mph. It would make a 30' circle at that speed. Anyone with an underwear concession at the dock would have made a fortune, if you get my drift."

Got it!!! wink.gif

Scot, how did you make out on the 20MB file I sent you?
Did it make it?

Formula Jr
02-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Len, there's a fellow in Maryland that wants to give me one of the Carlson tunnels. I had no room to bring it back last time. And probably will not have room this time. Of the three big makers of the classic tunnels, the DUO (Porter family/Formula) was the most eligent. The Carlson has a knotch that runs the length of the bow deck and the Missile has an almost blunt, flat bow. The DUO has more rounded classic lines. Both the DUO and the Carlson are considered faster than the Missile because the Missile was much heavier and had thicker glass in areas that were not critical. The Carlson is by far the lightest. There's non-critical areas where the glass is super thin, non-step areas. These are lake boats and any thing over 1/2 foot chop will pound your teeth out. The DUO 17 is on my "Gonna Own One" list.