PDA

View Full Version : Doin another road trip

boldts
10-09-2001, 11:16 PM
It's 12:00am eastern time and I'm having difficulty getting to sleep again. Today, I leave to head south. Florida bound. I have a little work to do in the A.M. both for buisness and on the Donzi. This trip, I'll be visiting two parts of my family. First, I have an Aunt and Uncle in Sarasota. My Uncle wants to take me bass fishing. I so want to pull that big lunker out like the guys on TNN do every Saturday and Sunday. Second, I'll be re-uniting with new family members that were met both at Lake Cumberland this past May and here on the board. Work has been a killer lately and I so need this get-a-way. Sadly though, I'll be doing the trip alone has my wife Beth is unable to get away from her place of employment. I am so blessed to have a understanding Donzi Gal who while not happy about it, is still letting me go. I am looking forward to meeting many of the folks from this board who have shared both knowledge and wonderful stories of their adventures in racing offshore boats. Most of all, I can't wait to just relax and enjoy my boat. Weather dot com says upper 80's and sunny all through the weekend. Camara will be in hand, trying to bring a bit of the event back for those who are unable to attend. By the way, my wallpaper on the computer just changed to a picture of a Florida 16' Classic Outboard from the Portifino event. So Cool and amazing how life works. For those of you attending, have a safe journey!