PDA

View Full Version : Hook

RickR,GroveCity
04-10-2000, 08:23 AM
I am looking at a 22 Classic. It is very close to what I am looking for BUT
It has a hook about 18" in diameter 6'forward the transom, centers on the outside strake. Looks about a 3/8 deep.
I would think the hook was caused by improper dry storage except it is centered on the bulkhead in front of the engine so it may be a factory defect.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Jamesbon
04-10-2000, 08:27 AM
Hey Rick,
I don't know much about hooks, but the bottom and strakes on my 21 GT are "straight as an arrow."

Did you sell the 18 yet?

RickR,GroveCity
04-10-2000, 09:14 AM
Nate
Still have Genuine Risk. She is a much better boat for the lakes here in East Tennessee. The price is resonable so if I cannot get it, I may end up like Forrest with a garage full of Donzis.

My glass man says the repair should cost under $1000 on the 22 ,BUT, he wants to turn her on her side to do the glass work. We may need you to help lift.

I haven't taken a straight edge to the hull. I hope the hook doesn't carry across the keel.

If I get the 22 I'll want to sell the Galvanized trailer and get a Rolls. See if you can find a buyer for me. Also do you know of anyone who does glass work in your area? Keep in mind I am VERY PICKY.

PS; if you have any comments about "Genuine Risk" please post in the Registry's, Boats for Sale, 420HP 18 Classic

Your 383 together yet?

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

GEOO
04-10-2000, 11:01 AM
Rick, Donzi's were built with some hook on the chine and outer streaks. The hook will help get the boat on plane and stop low speed porposing. This type of hook is good. However, if the hook is located at the bottom of the V, it will be in the water at WOT. This will cause the boat to stay wet. You won't be able to free up the boat with out excessive trim. GEOO

RickR,GroveCity
04-10-2000, 11:15 AM
George
This is not the built in hook at the transom
It is 6' forward the transom on the port side
in a area that will be wet at WOT (unless I build LOTS of HP)
Eyeballing, the keel looks straight to the rocker about 8' forward the transom.

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>