PDA

View Full Version : See you at dutchmans?

Moody Blu'
09-15-2001, 10:45 AM
Does anyone feel like meeting up this or next weeekend?
I would love to meet up with my donzi brothers one last time this season.
Scott p?
Jpbrescia?
Frank c?
classhick?
sagbay?
Anyone and everyone else too that I didnt mention!

Let me know.

I figure we can go to dutchmans, have a quick boat soda.
then go for a cruise(parade) with flags to the holgate inlet.(head south along the side of L.B.I.)
It if it nice and calm maybe we can shoot out to the ocean for a bit, turn around and go back to dutchmans. Its about a 25 minute ride from dutchmans to the holgate inlet!
Then we can have a couple more boat sodas once we get back from our cruise!!

let me know!
either weekend is good for me!(sunday)

P.S.
My donzi girl will be there (abbe)
;) :D

Moody Blu'
09-15-2001, 08:09 PM
Well I scared the Sh#@ out of myself today.
I installed a new alternator belt today(since the old belt got eaten up due to the H/M alternator setup :o -third this year)
I also installed a BETTER set of Header bolts (milodon bolts)
Once I was done I was ready to go out for a cruise. started her up and heard this banging noise, it sounded bad.
I thought that the universals went on my drive.
I tied the boat back up and was about to pack it in and run to the comp and post and tell everyone my woes.

I figured I would take one more look to see what was wrong. well it turned out that it was not my universals.
The "love joy coupling" was barely engaged to the crank,(the love joy coupling is the coupler for the water pump and crank) It was slipping and that was the noise I heard.

So I quickly took out "the love joy coupling" filed it to take the metal off which wore over to the side. bolted it back up and went for a cruise!

The whole time I was thinking, "great I have that post on donzi.net about meeting up with everyone and I am barely gonna make it to the boat ramp to take the boat out.

Thank god it wasnt the universals :D

I guess it wouldnt have mattered since no one wants to hang with me :(

Scott Pearson
09-15-2001, 09:00 PM
Skyblue,
Scounds like it could be fun. We will have to see who else can make it. I Sunday is out for me. Maybe next Saturday.

(NJ)Scott

Moody Blu'
09-16-2001, 12:29 PM
Ok, I am happy to meet up with Anyone who is willing to come on either day(saturday and sunday).

Don't forget to bring a flag to hang on the back of your boat.I want to sort of have a parade of sorts.

There is a boat launch right after you cross the bridge to L.B.I.(on the right hand side after you cross over)In shipbottom.

The cruise from dutchmans to the holgate inlet is a really pleasant ride.

For all of you in the Nj/Ny area please think about coming!

P.S.
Scott whats your number?
email me your # k?
If its just the two of us it will be fun, I am sure frank c will be around, ill give him a call later to see what he will be doing, maybe we'll meet up with him.

Shanghied Again
09-16-2001, 02:15 PM
Broque.. We are doing a fun run to Atlantic city Saturday morning, You dont have to be a NJPPC member. We will be running the Inside to AC with Flags on all the boats. I will let you know during the week. We have 6 boats already'

Shanghied Again
09-20-2001, 07:26 PM
Its confirmed some of the NJPPC are leaving Toms River at 11.00 am Saturday morning to go to AC by the Intercoastel. Broque we should be passing the Manahawkin Bridge about 11.30-12.00 we will be cruising at 50-55mhp all the way. Hooters is our destination for lunch. so far there is 10 boats heading down with a few more adding on
1. Donzi 22 ZX. Shanghi Surprize
2. Spectre 36 cat. Tsunami
3. Suetphin 39.
4. Spectre 30 cat
5. 37 Outerlimits.
6. 38 Fountain
7. 33 Velocity
8. 38 Scarab
9. 35 Formula
10. 32 Hustler
We will be Parading by Long Beach Island with Flags hi in the sky! Any care to join in just let me know so I can tell Dee down at the Marina They usally dont charge for lunch runs..

Moody Blu'
09-20-2001, 07:53 PM
Man that sounds really good!
I don't know if I will be able to make it :(
I doubt I would be able to keep up with you guys anyhow :o
If I do make it, it will be by pure luck
:cool:
If you want to call up and save a space for me at the marina I would appreciate it.Just rememeber I may not show.

I will try to find a way to make it there. ;)

Shanghied Again
09-20-2001, 08:07 PM
Broque like I said these guys are just cruising 50 mph is what we run and most of us are going through the slow speed no wake. I will tell Dee to hold enough slips.