PDA

View Full Version : Calling Card Shock.

Formula Jr
10-09-2001, 08:19 PM
Though this is only mildy related to Donzis - actually this doesn't have a prayer of being donzi related.......

Just got my AT&T phone bill with the Calling Card Charges from phoning Len and Jeff while in Washington. Ouch! I'm cutting that little piece of Con-Job up right now.

Have any of you guys used those pre-paid card thingys. Gotta find a better way to call on the road.

If you have one of these AT&T cards - cut that sucker up now.

mattyboy
10-09-2001, 08:26 PM
formula jr
those prepaid calling cards are not to bad, but watch for the expiration date. you start with x minutes and you have limited time to use them. you dial a toll free number and then enter passcodes that's why they are time limited. I get mine at walmart for my kids not a bad deal provided you can get to a phone. look at prepaid celluar too.

Matt

Moody Blu'
10-09-2001, 08:37 PM
well I dont have sprint so i GUESS YOU COULD SAY i AM A HIPOCRITE(i HAVE COMCAST)

sprint has free long distance. or something like that.
Im drunk dont mind me :p

RedDog
10-10-2001, 09:53 AM
Ya just about have to have a PHD in accounting to figure out long distance charges. Even having the card I think you still have to sign up (more $) for yet another ATT plan to get reasonable rates. I gave up on ATT too. Now use MCI

Also, really watch out for toll charges when using a pay phone - I have really been smacked using them.

Best option seems to be a cell phone with wide coverage area

CrackerJack
10-10-2001, 10:44 AM
You can purchase calling cards from
Costco online without being a member,
for about 4.5 cents per minute. It is
a sprint card with no connect fee. I
have one for 480 minutes for about $20.00.
Jack

Tony
10-10-2001, 11:31 AM
From home, Priceline.com offers a pretty good deal, 3.9/min. I've cancelled my long distance carriers and use either my cell or the Priceline deal.

Philip47
10-10-2001, 04:32 PM
Through the company I work for my phone card is three cents per min!!! I can talk long distance for a hour for $1.80