PDA

View Full Version : Another e bay 18

CDMA
09-15-2001, 10:22 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=595422972&r=0&t=0

427 ford... :eek: :eek: :eek:Check out the exhaust? Ever seen anything like that??

Moody Blu'
09-15-2001, 11:05 AM
Damn, I bet that bitch flies!

What drive is that?
it looks like a volvo but what model?

oldLenny
09-15-2001, 05:10 PM
Nice find Chris...

What year did Holman Moody leave the Donzi "net"? Is this an older motor, in "great shape" put into a '78? HM 427's in boats are NOT side oilers,...are they?

olredalert
09-15-2001, 07:53 PM
Cant swear to it,but due to the year of manufacture Im almost(I said almost)sure that this 18 is a made up boat.This does not make it bad,simply not as originally delivered.If sky boy is right and it appears that he is(even though the drive is black)Ive never seen a 427 ford(side-oiler or not) packaged with a Volvo drive by any manufacturer.Mr.Poodle is probobly as knowledgeable about this as anyone.Id like to hear what you think,Scott.Maybe Brownie would be able to give us an idea as well........just......ol red!

TD
09-15-2001, 09:57 PM
This boat seems to be in my area. Antone interested can give me a name and phone, and I can check it out for them. I looked at a 427 sideoiler about a year and a half ago that was pretty rough. It was in this area as well. I thought it was around a '70 though. The seat mounts had dissapppeared and new ones were rougly glassed in. Secret seller kinda scares me too. May not be the same boat, so anyone interested, let me know some info. :p

BigGrizzly
09-16-2001, 08:26 AM
The outdrive is a Volvo 290 with power trim and tilt. Looks like the spoolvalves in the pump are bad that is why he has it tied up with a rope. mine had the same problem so I made the seals ( not available for the spool valve. you could buy a new pump and it is fixted.

Randy