PDA

View Full Version : No Respect

GeneD
04-08-2000, 10:29 AM
Well, it's me, the King of Bad Luck.
Went for a ride last ngiht. Pretty rough out again. But the boat was running flawlessly. If I said the thing was doing 70 MPH, I don't think I would be lying.
Got the boat on the trailer, and went home to our new apt. in Melbourne.
This morning I'm leaving to go and sel one of myt boats, when I noticed the front of my Corvette was visible.
Why? I wondered.
Becasue the bra had been ripped off the car, that's why! Ripped off! Not taken off, ripped off. Then I noticed that the hub caps were missing. Then I noticed that the side of the car had been keyed. Then I noticed the snapped off antenna. Then the worst, they ripped off my gas lid. Not only stoeln, but torn off the car!!!! Fiberglass powder all over the place.
The boat, what did they do to the boat?
Sand and greasy fingerprints all over the boat. Why?
One engine hatch latch was open. Oh Don, what did they do to my engine?
I opened the engine hatch. Oil all over the place. They tried to steal to steal the trim pump! Probably a jealous Volvo owner.
Ahh, only kidding about the Volvo person.
But yeah, why in the world woudl they want a trim pump?
They also trashed someones john boat. Took his battery and threw it into the pool. Along with my torn up bra, the kill switch lanyard and many beer bottles.
They found some poor duck's nest and threw all the eggs into the pool area and broke them on the ground.
The almost worst part is that they stole the center hub of my steering wheel. The one that says Donzi on it? I can probably get the Donzi emblem, but where to get the hub?
I'm really sick to my stomach about this. This is supposed to be a gated community. That is why we moved here. Are there any lawyers out there that can tell me if these people are responsible to the damage and stolen parts? The gate has been broken and has not been repaired. Also, the "Courtesy Officer" was suspicously missng last night.
I've got to go and throw up, talk to you all later...

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 04-08-2000).]

Peter Beck
04-08-2000, 11:11 AM
Sorry about your luck Gene. The respect in this word is going down the toilet. It probably will be to much of a miracle if they would find the people who did this.Keep your chin up.
Peter

AVickers
04-08-2000, 11:19 AM
Jeeze! Welcome to the neighborhood!

I had a similar experience when I moved into a new place in Houston -- twice within a month some **** vanadalized my truck along w/ others' stuff in the parking lot of the "gated" community. The cops' main job was to cataloge damages for the insurance guys. No offer of sympathy or help and certainly no offer of hope for apprehension of the RAT BASTARDS who did the damage.

I moved elsewhere and didn't have the problem again. It sounds like kids -- probably the ones who live two houses down the street. And my guess is that the cops already know them quite well.

Sorry to hear about it...

chris
04-08-2000, 12:09 PM
Gene,
I can't express my thoughts in words!
read your apt. contract and the fine lines at the bottom. happened to me once and i learned;
sat outside one night in a lawn chair behind a bush, wearing sweats and a good pair of running shoes along with my trusty side kick Louie...vill slugger (was on track team, car chase would have been 2 easy).
and i am extremly upset about the blatent disregard for the wildlife!
keep up hope Gene.
and also keep us posted; take pics of the thugs and we'll post em all over the net!

Frank Civitano
04-08-2000, 01:39 PM
Gene
Man! I feel for you, What jerks how can they do that to a Corvette and a Donzi? If you find them Take them for a ride behind your boat! No Skies,hands tied, With your Corvette gas cap put were the sun dont shine!! Maybe that would teach them not to mess with your stuff again?

GeneD
04-08-2000, 08:35 PM
Man, I really did it this time...
I confronted the sons of females dogs that I bleive were resonsible for the unholy vandalizm to 007 and the Corvette.
Bad move.
I dared them to call the police, I wanted their apt searched for illegal drugs ect...
Well, I almost got arrested.
The cops verified my story with the cop that showed up this morning and I was able to avoid going to the county jail house for the evening.
However...
Oh Don, I'nm crying. Can y0u imagine a grown man crying over vandalism to his propery?
I am just agasht that anyone could have enough gall to violate a Corvette, no less 007 Racing Team. After all my hard work on both projects? I want to crawl in a hole and die.
The cops are here right now lifting prints off the car and boat. We finally figured out why they wanted the trim pump. Hydraulics on their freaking low riders!!!
I want to go out and slash all their tires. I want to stomp[ them all into the ground.
You should have seen me, a raving lunatic ready to beat 8 guys to a pulp. All a head bigger than me.
Well, the police want to talk to me now, so I'll go for now.
Please pray to Don that I don't hurt anyone tonight.
later,

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 04-08-2000).]

harbormaster
04-08-2000, 11:00 PM
I for one am willing to make a donation towards a storage shed for your boat so it doesn't get screwed up!

Scot

GeneD
04-08-2000, 11:42 PM
Scott,
No need, thanks but the shop is finer than this joint.
Come on Kenn, aren't you a lawyer? Give me some advice her big fella! I am out of my ming right now. I can not believe what I did tonight. I am so screwed up I can not even type straight.
I can not even imagine going to jail for this. I almost did.
The good part is that the cops saw me, knew I was out of my mind and had pity. I was able to go to my NEW apt and chill out.
Tina and her daughter were tellling me things that I said to these scum that I don't even remember saying. I was totally out of control. I feel so stupid.
I was supposed to go to an island party to night too and obviously that is out.
Well, Tina doesn't want me to go to the races tommorow due to the Corvette being screwed up, but I'll be damed if I'm going to miss the rirst race of the yeat.
Give me some support guys. We just gotta go. If only because of what happened.
The cops got some pretty good prints off the exhaust pipe of 007 and one great latent set off the door handle and antoher one off the windshield. For some reason, they didn't want to dust the beer bottles? Hmmm. Info for the future, guys!!!!
Anyone going to St Cloud tomorrow? Look for me. I'll be the guy with a Berretta on his hip and a trashed out Corvette pulling the oldest Donzi in Florida!!!! And I got the trophy to prove it!!!!!!
Hidden away for good keeping of course!
Don, am I out of control? or what?
List me as temporarily insane.
St Cloud, search me out. I'll be there.
007 Racing Team Will Triumph. I'll beat any and all spectator boats out there, and
well of course they have to be in my division.
You know, 30 or more years old, driver over 40, and using a 25 year old sports car as a tow vehicle. Then we'll race for titles.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Forrest
04-09-2000, 10:04 AM
Oh man! Gene! That REALLY sucks. The security at these so-called, secure gated communities aren't worth a flip when the
scumb-bags are secured behind the gate with you and your stuff. Since you seem to have already started to get things taken care of
with these low-lifes, I won't offer any advice in this matter. Good Luck, damn-it Gene, you need it!

I don't think that I will be posting on the board this week since I will be living at the LaQuinta in Jacksonville until Friday without
access to the Internet. For the same reason, I won't be able to make to the St. Cloud races. Anyway, go Gerry, go (Zero Cavity)! Oh yea, any Jax folks that want to grab a cold one and some Donzi talk, buzz me at the LaQuinta. Which LaQuinta In Jacksonville? I forgot.
Lucky for me my co-worker knows.

Lineleader
04-09-2000, 12:06 PM
Forrest:

Call me when you get to town. Sorry I didn't get to meet you in Orlando. We spent too
much time at the parks with the kids. I have some company committments on Tuesday and
Wednesday nights, but I would love for you to check out my GT 21 and maybe drink a beer
or two. E-mail with your plans or call me at my office 904-633-4528.

Mark
(LL) holder@bellsouth.net

Gene: Sorry to hear about the storied 007.

Kenn
04-09-2000, 04:52 PM
GeneD,

I sent an e-mail to you yesterday.

There are always options available to you.
The problem with confronting the low life that did it generally puts you at risk both physically and finacially.

I would check to see how many of these type of vandelism events have occurred within the gated walls. If there has been a continuous problem, the owners of the community have an obligation to warn you of the risks. They generally have insurance and at least you could get reimbursed.

My experience with these type of problems is that the best way to stop it is to keep hitting them in the wallet. Every time the insurance co pays out, their premiums go up and they feel the bite. After a while, it's cheaper for them to provide real security.

There is another tack. If there have been a whole lot of this vandelism trash in the same community, then you may be able to start a class action lawsuit against the community and the owners association and that would really get their attention.

The local poloce will have the best information so ?? do you have a friend who is a cop???

Look at my e-mail and call me if you want to discuss it.

Vandelism sucks, and we all know that we can't undo what they did, but you can surely avoid it another time.

-------------

Kenn

GeneD
04-11-2000, 01:14 PM
WE DID IT!!!!!
The scum dogs are being evicted today!!!!
My neighbor personally counted 31 people entering and exiting that apt between the hours of 5 and 11 PM!
Not only are they getting evicted, but their partners in crime in the other building are too!!!!
What a wild time the past 10 days have been.
And I haven't even told you all about the boring/wildly exciting time we had at the St Cloud races.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

boxy
04-11-2000, 01:47 PM
Congrats GeneD, when the Tenants Assoc comes knocking make sure you let them know that a NOS kit, and a blower would be a nice way of saying thanks. http://206.150.187.82/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

Hornetman
04-11-2000, 02:03 PM
HEY GENE, CONGTRATS, awesome job man!!!! Sorry I didn't see the post sooner. I'm really glad for you that at least the delinquent a-holes are out on the street.
Way to go big guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Steve A. (Hornetman)

Kenn
04-11-2000, 04:59 PM
GeneD

Don't forget to get some professional estimates for the work to repair the damages.

I would suggest that you get two (2) estimates for each job. Most insurance companies will take an average or they will want to talk to the shop so they can twist their arm to get them to do it for less money.

Remember the insurance co is only interested in how little they can pay. I have no sympathy for them.

If you need to discuss it, call me, you have my telephone numbers.

Kenn

GEOO
04-11-2000, 06:51 PM
Gene, Sorry to hear about you and 007's misfortune. Howeverl; it's good the SOB's got what's coming to them.... GEOO

Blewbyu
05-18-2000, 03:43 PM
Gene- Cut your losses. Hitch up the Donzi and haul yourself up to Washington State! We need more Donzi's, and there are ten pages of want ads in the newspapers for jobs- many for Engineers! Sell the Corvette-traffic SUCKS around the Seattle area!But on weekends you can be in the mountains in 45 minutes(35 in the Corvette).There are lots of good sized f/w lakes- and salt water all around that goes all the way to Alaska! The trees and grass are vivid green- and the water is clear. Don't tell anybody where you're going tho.....if they find out we'll have 'em all up here. Only drawback other than traffic- housing is SPENDY!
Regards-Jeff Moore "Blewbyu"

Frank Civitano
05-18-2000, 05:30 PM
Gene Congrats! I would have went outside and toasted to there misfortune. jerks like that get what they diserve. PS. I hope it was raining when they through them and there stuff out?

------------------
Frank Civitano

Crazy Horse
05-18-2000, 07:39 PM
Gene:
Sorry I didn't see your post before now so I could've also displayed my sign of support.
I had a mini bike stolen out of my garage when I was a kid...I still get crazy when I think back to that. Good luck and hang in there.
Crazy Horse

Forrest
05-19-2000, 09:21 AM
Jeff, One of my Donzi goals in life is to is to hang out at Friday Harbor and buzz around the San Jaun Islands in my X-18 taking in the sites and looking at whales. Last time I was there was in August '96 - a big switch from Florida, but I loved every minute of it.

------------------
Forrest

Blewbyu
05-19-2000, 10:11 PM
Forrest- Ya gotta do Patos Island. Its the Northermost of the San Juans- and few know of it. It's got a little "5 boat" protected bay- great campsites with STUNNING views! About 25 miles north of Friday Harbor- just north of Orcas Island. Orcas in the San Juan channel and on the west side of San Juan Island almost every day......run out about a mile ahead of 'em, then shut down and wait.They come so close their eyeball looks the size of a coffee cup! The clowns will smack a flipper and wet you down....Give me a shout if you ever get up this way- will give ya da "San Juan breifing".

Scott Pearson
05-20-2000, 07:54 AM
Gene,
Hang in there, Things will get better! The key word here is DOBERMANS Ohh and if you need some Dobermans to tie around that Vette and the Donzi let me know. It works for me. I live in the woods and there is always things being screwed with around the town, but not here. Remember DOBERMANS! The mail man wont even come here. I will tell you a great story some time and how the Court system screwed me and about the BIG money that was lost trying to fight the B.S.

(NJ) Scott

Stromer
05-20-2000, 05:17 PM
Yes - Dobermans is a good idea. I have two Rottweilers and everything wife, boat, Sea Doo(including my six year old daughter) is safe and sound. The mail man does come here, since I live in the suburbs, but he is very quick and never stays to chat! UPS usually calls or leaves the packages at the street. So take it from Scott an me - dogs - BIG DOGS! Plus it is funny as anything to see my 135Lbs Rottie in my boat!

Francis O. Saffell
05-20-2000, 10:34 PM
http://www.trailerboats.com/tbConf/Thread.cfm?CFApp=29&Thread_ID=1308&mc=11

GeneD
05-22-2000, 09:03 AM
HA!
There I was...looking for golf balls in the ditch outside my apt (I live on a golf course), when I spied two stainless objects.
The hub caps off my Corvette!
Those freaking things were not there until recently, believe me, I looked.
Today, I'm going to look for my gas cap. If I find that, I'll be a happy camper.
Funny thing too.
I went out to the pool Saturday, and there was a pickup parked on the grass, with a bunch of hoodlums drinking beer on the picnic table next to the truck. I was immediately pissed. But I thought that instead of making waves like I did last time, I would "allow" them to remain parked on the grass, drinking beer until nightfall. Whereupon I would call the police.
Sunset came, and they were gone. The next day I found the hub caps directly ajacent to the picnic table.
Coincidence?
I think not.
The police were here the other day. But Miss Shelly (Donzi Girl's daughter) wouldn't open the door. She was to afraid they were there for her. (a bit vexing no?)
I'm thinking that they discovered whose prints were on my car and approached the rascal, and later, he decided to rid himself of the evidence.
I hope my gas lid is there. It would save me about $100.
PS: Oh and BTW, one of my best buddies has located a center cap for my steering wheel. All I need now is the Donzi emblem.
How about it Nick, can you get me anything?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 05-22-2000).]