PDA

View Full Version : what is it

Hot Water Man
04-07-2000, 03:53 PM
My donzi Has a hump just in front of the steering wheel and just the size of the wheel. And like i said before the inside side pannels are upholstered plywood. It has right hand steering. Im not shure of the Year Or model. Help

RickR,GroveCity
04-07-2000, 04:51 PM
We need a pic
If you cannot post it, email
Sounds like it may be a Correct Craft, the Seperator was 16' and had a hump in front of the wheel and passenger

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

lou
04-07-2000, 09:49 PM
Here is the picture, Now What IS it????????

http://www.4u2buy.com/donzi/hotwater.jpg

CDMA
04-08-2000, 08:54 AM
Not a donzi

Chris

Christian
04-08-2000, 09:36 AM
Hello,
After taking a look at the photos, i believe its a Sutphen. What do you think fellas?

AVickers
04-08-2000, 11:30 AM
http://www.boattraderonline.com/cgi-bin/boat/apps/search/photdisp.html?photo=00057147208&phoneId=3306442277&ad=525-18281-149&status=no&imgsite=&page=search&pstat=P

This looks like it could be the brother to that one...

Frank Civitano
04-08-2000, 01:34 PM
Thats what I thought it was! Has the ribs of a Steuphen, Not a Donzi!

------------------
Frank Civitano

Kenn
04-08-2000, 05:24 PM
Hot Water Man,

Sorry, NOT a Donzi.

I've seen another boat that has the hump, and as I remember, it does not have the deadrise at the stern.

Just another jellybean.

-------------

Kenn

Hot Water Man
04-08-2000, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Kenn:

Hot Water Man,

Sorry, NOT a Donzi.

I've seen another boat that has the hump, and as I remember, it does not have the deadrise at the stern.

Just another jellybean. not sure what deadrise is but the boat has a curved stern with a straight rub rail. it does look verry much like that sutphen. the hull no. tag that was removed due to restoration and the previus owner didnt know were it was to be affixed is dlz076191182 any help? and does anyone knoe where i can find some history on sutphen boats such as this great dodzi site? i cant seem to find anything at all on sutphen ! thank for all your help fellas, hot water man

-------------

Kenn

lou
04-08-2000, 10:15 PM
Hot Water Man :O.K. not a Donzi but still a cool boat. Right Guys?
Imitation is the sincerest from of flattery.

BERTRAM BOY
04-08-2000, 10:17 PM
Hot Water Man,
The only thing that I know about Sutphen's is that there is no web site,they are made in New Jersey and they are supposedly still in business.

BERTRAM BOY

harbormaster
04-08-2000, 10:52 PM
Hows about a shot of the interior of your red boat?
Also can you track the origins of the boat?
What year is it supposed to be?

Scot

[This message has been edited by harbormaster (edited 04-08-2000).]

GeneD
04-08-2000, 11:58 PM
Sutphen?
Team Sutphen?
You talking about one of the hottest race outfitters in the industry?
Yes, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
And boys and girls, let's not forget that every freaking hot boat out there is an imitation of any one of Don Aronow's designs.
We all own some of the first designs of the deep "V"s out there today.
The Sutphen thingy there intrigues me. Sorry, you can't join the Registry, but hey!
We love you all the same, because without fellow boaters, where would we all be right now?
Running the ocean alone.

At 70 MPH of course. But ignore me, I'm out of control, and not even drunk, and not chance of doing so this evening/morning, what ever.Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 04-09-2000).]

BillG
04-09-2000, 10:48 AM
Rich Sutphen started in NJ in Lake Hopatcong.
I believe the chine on his smaller boats ended at the sheer line at the bow. This could be one but does not look right. I saw one for sale about a month ago in NJ and as I remember they also have a lower freeboard.

Stromer
04-10-2000, 08:29 PM
Being from NJ originally and remembering the Donzi vs Sutphen attitude on the North Jersey lakes in the mid-70s, I asked John Chisholm at the Orlando Donzi show about Sutphen. He said to me that they were a close design if not a knock-off. He did add that "he (Sutphen) never got them to run right". They sure look cool! The seventies on the two North Jersey lakes were all rivalries between Donzi, Sutphen, and Sidewinders - great memories!

------------------

PaulO
04-11-2000, 02:51 PM
Boy, If there was such a rivalry between Donzi and Sutphen, it must really pain that poor boat to wear those Donzi decals!

GEOO
04-11-2000, 07:28 PM
Hot Water, I'm not sure who the manufacturer of your new find is,(the running streaks don't resemble a Donzi); But it is one cool looking classic. I'd be glad to hear about it. GEOO

Peter Beck
04-11-2000, 07:31 PM
Very nice looking boat. You should be proud!