PDA

View Full Version : bilt rite?

zeeksta
01-30-2002, 09:36 PM
do they have a website? looking for a seat for a 16 ft baby

boldts
01-31-2002, 12:24 AM
Don't know about a web site, but here is the information you need if you'd like to talk to them in person. Husband and wife team getting up there in age with no one to take over their buisness. I'd suggest redoing your complete interior while you still can if dollars allow.

Bilt-Rite
Rt. 1 Box514-9
Macclenny, FL 32063
904-259-4807

Forrest
01-31-2002, 11:02 AM
Bilt-Rite has no website and probably never will. They are located in an old gas station-general store building off the beatin' track on a coutry road in North Florida. John Harmann, the owner of Bilt-Rite, told me that his neighbor recently showed him the Internet for the first time. I told John that he probably get's 90% of his classic Donzi business from the Internet - specifically Donzi.net. That works for him!

smoothie
02-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Forrest,
Did they do cigarettes too,I was thinking about changing the color in my 20 cig.

Forrest
02-01-2002, 03:07 PM
Smoothie, John at Bilt-Rite or his late brother probably did the original upholstery in your Cigarette. Also, John did my drop-out-bottom bolster seats for my '72 Magnum 27 Sport.

http://www.thunderboatalley.com/Magnum/forrest2.jpg

What I liked about the job he did for my Magnum was that the style is fit for the era. I could have used off-the-shelf factory-made bolster seats, but the squared-up design of the new units are just too contemporary for this Magnum. I was looking to keep the late '60s to early '70s South Florida offshore performance-boat look and not try to modern it up to look like everything else out there these days with a payment book.

The next interior upgrade will be to get rid of that stinkin' black "boat" carpet and replace it with grey Pirelli rubber flooring. I just need to find someone who sells the stuff.

smoothie
02-01-2002, 03:42 PM
Forrest,
I saw your magnum on the thundeboatalley website and really liked the old candy stripe style interior that you have in your boat,thats what I was thinking about doing with mine.I will have to give them a call.Thanks!

Ranman
02-01-2002, 03:50 PM
I kinda like the retro feeling of the candy stripes, but I get dizzy lust looking at the picture. Can't imagine how I'd feel in the boat. Cool setup though Forrest.

BigGrizzly
02-02-2002, 12:32 AM
Nothing clam about Forrest (except his voice), if his boats don't go the interior does look fast. You just can't hate that Magnum. BTW theres nothing candy a@# about that Magnum.

Randy

smoothie
02-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Hey Forrest,
Do you know if bilt rite did the interior in this x-18? Its from the sunshine state,found it in the Donzi registry a couple years back and send an e-mail to see it was maybe for sale and you can guess what the reply was frown.gif This is what I have in mine for my boat.BTW the rest of your magnum is outstanding you did a excellent job restoring it. cool.gif
http://www.donzi.net/photos/candy.jpg.jpg

Gearhead99
02-02-2002, 07:27 PM
Great looking classic interiors. Down here in FL you'll need good sunglasses with that X-18 on a bright day. Simply great!!!

Forrest
02-04-2002, 10:01 AM
Yep, John and Sue Harmon did that job for Gene Schmidt. Nice . . .