PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions

Cuda
01-30-2002, 09:24 PM
I am redoing the cockpit in my boat and I can't decide what colors to do it in. I am going to use two colors of vinyl. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HP 600SC
01-30-2002, 09:33 PM
what color is the hull and deck....and are there any stripes?

mattyboy
01-30-2002, 10:03 PM
my personal taste is not for a candy stripe setup, but for piping as an example a red and white boat would be white interior with red piping works with all the color combo's can be accented by the same color carpet
just my .02

Matt

Cuda
01-30-2002, 10:26 PM
The hull is a dark reddish brown, and the deck is an off white. These colors could change if I can't get the original shine back, which I am working on now.

Here is some pics of it now.
pics (http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Forest/9752/FORMULA_RESTO_1.html)

ToonaFish
01-30-2002, 11:17 PM
That's an inspired use of white space on your website! Given your fondness for that color and given the temp factor in Clearwater, I think you know what color you need to go with! Wait to pick the exact shade (Arctic White vs. Eggshell Ecru) and the reddish piping color til you're absolutely finished... I massively botched up a conversion truck by ordering the leather before we'd finished the custom paintwork. Pink and red truck anyone?

But I would go wild on the carpet - checkerboard, graphics, let it make the impact in the cockpit. It can always be changed when you get bored with it.

Bunches,
Celene 'remembers when Countryside Mall opened'

Tomahawk
01-30-2002, 11:31 PM
HP50022 - wood chipper eh? That's pretty neat,
and a little ill. I like it!
Toony - and what mall is that? Near the bottom of Lake Allatoona maybe? wink.gif

ToonaFish
01-31-2002, 12:07 AM
Could the Harbormaster ban me from playing hooky on the site until I provide proof that I have finished these 20 cover letters and mailed them to potential employers?

Thought not. Oh well.

Cuda and his helper Debbie probably shop at Countryside Mall, in Clearwater. It sits on a former cow pasture where, in my nefarious youth, we tipped over cows when we weren't cruising Clearwater Beach. I was even a Spongers' cheerleader in Tarpon Springs. Scarey, huh? But a very cool place and time to grow up... most guys got boats before they could drive cars and you could get just about anywhere you wanted to go by water. And we went!

Bunches,
Celene 'remembering the neighbor's Donzi'

Cuda
01-31-2002, 06:46 AM
As far as Countryside Mall, I actually helped in building it. We installed the gas main that supplies the mall. As a matter of fact, I was nearly killed on that job, I will never forget it. Down in a 20 ft deep hole where we bored the main under US 19, and the walls of the hole collapsed. I think I make it up the ladder in two steps!!!! eek.gif

HP 600SC
01-31-2002, 07:33 AM
Cuda, YIKES.....glad you made it out!
That sounds like a grewsom way to go....

Forrest
01-31-2002, 10:48 AM
Cuda, I like Bobby Ray's hog pics (http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Forest/9752/). Now that's some real NW Florida local action!

Also, get a color that won't show up fish guts and other on-the-water stains. White is out!

Ted, keep the chipper out of the boat . . . though it's great for chummin', it's too dangerous for the kids! biggrin.gif

Sagbay32
01-31-2002, 12:41 PM
Cuda Cuda Cuda........No trench box or plates in a 20' deep hole? I am gonna hafta cite you for that one biggrin.gif