PDA

View Full Version : Help identify this DONZI

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-30-2002, 07:23 PM
We have a new officer reporting aboard and he sent a picture of his boat!
I cannot tell if it is a 33 or 38?
A friend said he runs close to 90MPH.
So, I turn to the pros for answers....

What emblem is that on the side???????????

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvell00001.jpg

Bryan

HP 600SC
01-30-2002, 08:54 PM
I remember testing that boat. The logo is for the jacksonville jaguar's, It was built for one of the players. It runs 78 mph.
Ted M.

Dr. Dan
01-30-2002, 08:58 PM
Bryan, I don't think it's either, from that angle it's difficult to tell but there are two steps and in comparing it to comparable hulls in the official 2002 Donzi Brochure, I'd guess it's actually closer to a 28'. The distance from the transom to the rear step looks closer to what they show for the 28's, the 33' & 38' look to have a broader spacing between their steps, of course I could be on drugs, and I admit I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm bored and this gives me an excuse to respond to something! Maybe Digger would comment?... wink.gif Doc

mattyboy
01-30-2002, 09:12 PM
that's a nice boat! eek.gif

Matt

Digger
01-31-2002, 06:01 AM
I think it's a 33...

DONZIMAN2
01-31-2002, 07:34 AM

RickSE
01-31-2002, 09:44 AM
Hey Ted, irt your cartoon, we had a guy out here in Phoenix commit suicide by jumping into a big wood chipper. Some workers from the city were out cleaning up debris and the guy just walked right out of his house and jumped into the chipper. Quick method but not very clean.

Then about a year later another guy talked his girlfriend into laying down on the conveyor to a large industrial chipper where he worked. Apparently she was blindfolded and was not aware what she was lying down on. She became aware when she heard the chipper start up and felt the conveyor move. She attempted to jump off the conveyor but her boyfriend, who was also on the conveyor, pulled her back on. He finally let go as he began to enter the chipper. She was able to jump off and survived but the boyfriend was turned into hamburger.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-31-2002, 10:43 AM
I got another email from him this a.m.
1999, 28ZX T 350 Mags. Quoted 75 MPH...

I forgot to ask him about the emblem so I just email him again.
Thanks Ted.
Bryan

Moody Blu'
01-31-2002, 03:31 PM
ricks wrote: [quote]Hey Ted, irt your cartoon, we had a guy out here in Phoenix commit suicide by jumping into a big wood chipper. Some workers from the city were out cleaning up debris and the guy just walked right out of his house and jumped into the chipper. Quick method but not very clean.
Then about a year later another guy talked his girlfriend into laying down on the conveyor to a large industrial chipper where he worked. Apparently she was blindfolded and was not aware what she was lying down on. She became aware when she heard the chipper start up and felt the conveyor move. She attempted to jump off the conveyor but her boyfriend, who was also on the conveyor, pulled her back on. He finally let go as he began to enter the chipper. She was able to jump off and survived but the boyfriend was turned into hamburger.<hr></blockquote>

HOLY SH*t!! eek.gif eek.gif

boxy
01-31-2002, 03:41 PM
Moody, you're back ! Where have you been ?

RickSE
01-31-2002, 03:49 PM
Here's a press release from the second story. Sorry Bryan don't mean to redirect your post.

August 12, 2000
He proposed in the dead of night, and she accepted. What Rafael Rodriguez did next shocks the senses. Phoenix police said Rodriguez told his new fiancée he had a surprise for her early Wednesday (August 9, 2000), drove her to the central Phoenix landscaping business where he worked and asked that she close her eyes and lie down. Then he lay down beside her, on what turned out to be a conveyor belt, and fed himself into a wood chipper. His last act was to try to pull her in with him, police suspect. Rodriguez, 20, was dismembered and died at the scene. The chipper automatically stopped before Lucia Lopez, 28, was seriously hurt. Police said that Lopez's head or hair became stuck in the outer rollers of the machine. She underwent surgery at John C. Lincoln Hospital-North Mountain and was listed in good condition Wednesday afternoon. She declined requests for interviews, hospital officials said. The incident, which occurred about 12:45 a.m. at Jomar Tree Service, 2003 W. Glendale Ave., was the second apparent suicide in the Valley this year involving a wood chipper. "He told her not to worry about anything, to trust him and close her eyes," said Detective Bob Ragsdale, a police spokesman. Police Lt. Mark Zingg said Lopez was unaware of what happened until it was too late for Rodriguez. "He lies down next to her, and she says the next thing she knows is he is through the machine, apparently grabbing her wrists to bring her into the machine too." A man working at a nearby towing company saw a pickup truck pull up and heard the machine turn on but didn't think much of it, Ragsdale said. However, once he heard the machine stop and Lopez's screams, he called authorities. Police said Rodriguez was about to be fired from his job because he had become unreliable, and Rodriguez's family told police that he was acting strange lately. (AZ Central, donated by Charles Larsen)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-31-2002, 05:02 PM
Welcome back moody blu! Where have you been? I see the pic of you hanging in the bildge on occassion.

I saw you boat listed for sale, so what is up?

Bryan

HP 600SC
01-31-2002, 06:51 PM
Rick, there was a guy in Michigan that killed
his wife, put her in a deep freeze, then rented a big wood chipper and well you know.....the
police only found part of a tooth, not enough
to convict him however. He was an airline pilot.
Grewsome huh?

Bryan, yea older 28 rings a bell.
let us know what he says the logo is.....I remember that was the jacksonville jaguar's boat.

Donzigo
01-31-2002, 08:10 PM
Yuck to all this wood-chipper talk.......let it go.

Hey, Ted, ditch the wood-chipper thing. Isn't there one out there with a pretty girl doing something funky with some guy on a boat?

Richard

HP 600SC
01-31-2002, 08:51 PM
Ok Richard I'll try to find something else.
Did you get my message today on your machine?
Ok is this one better??

BERTRAM BOY
01-31-2002, 09:03 PM
Ted,
Actually that guy who disposed of his wife in a wood chipper was here in Connecticut..... only a couple of towns over eek.gif ..... and the guy was a doctor........
BERTRAM BOY

HP 600SC
01-31-2002, 09:28 PM
BERTRAM, You are right! I remember now........
did they ever nail him for it?

BERTRAM BOY
02-01-2002, 05:41 AM
Yup.... The tooth fragment was actually the way they were able to get him.....that and the fact that he was renting a chipper in the middle of winter rolleyes.gif
BERTRAM BOY

HP 600SC
02-01-2002, 09:01 AM
Glad they got the sick F%#$
Ted M.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-01-2002, 11:15 AM
Ted, you were right, Jaguar's , he bought it from the dealer new...

Lineleader
02-01-2002, 11:54 AM
Yep Ted, it's a Jaguar alright. That boat set on the dealer's lot right down the street from my house for quite a while. It was purchased from the Julington Creek Marina. He must have been stationed at Mayport. Nice ride.

LL

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-01-2002, 04:11 PM
More facts confirmed... it is the like the investgative team.. you guys are awesome...
He is in area and has joined the club online, so soon we will see this sweet 28ZX.
Bryan

Donzigo
02-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Ted,

Got your message. I called you back. See a at Gasparilla. What time you going?

So,let me get this straight...............this guy wants some information about his great looking 30-something boat and we're giving him the "police gazette report"........ Hey, if we're not careful, this guy's gonna get confused and paint a "wood-chipper" or a "wood-chuck" or something weird on the side of his boat.............LOL :-)