PDA

View Full Version : Fair price?

AIRGRADY
04-06-2000, 06:13 PM
I have located Hornet II that may possibly be for sale. As I understand it from the salesman the motor is a newly rebuilt stout small block chevy with a freshend TRS drive. The gel coat appears to be original but the kicker is, I was only able to look at the boat from the ground and it was on the second rack up in a high/dry storage facility. The salesman called me after speaking with the owner and asked ME to put in an offer on the boat. I simply stated I couldnt make an offer since I have not actually seen the boat up close. The salesman could not tell me the year of the boat or if it had a trailer. Of course he said it is in cherry condition, I am sure his definition of cherry is totally different than mine. For poops and giggles what would you guys wager is an honest selling price for this boat in good shape without a trailer.

Thanks,
Grady

------------
Former 18 2+3 owner who has got the Donzi bug BAD!!!

Forrest
04-06-2000, 08:26 PM
Better pull it down and look at it, then decide what is it worth to you.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 04-06-2000).]

kingair
04-06-2000, 08:30 PM
Good advice... probably an early eighties boat....but you have to make sure.
Later Philip King

AIRGRADY
04-06-2000, 08:45 PM
The salesman is supposed to call me back to see if the owner is truly serious about selling. The one glitch is the boat is a six hour ride from me and I work most weekends, popping up to take a look at it isn't an option at this time. I wouldn't even consider purchasing the boat without looking at it and riding in it.

If I do look at it any time soon I will be sure to fill you guys in as to what I find. I have been actively looking for a Hornet for a few months and have found the megayacht tender Hornet III in Ft. Lauderdale interesting but a little out of my price range.

If anybody knows of a Hornet for sale PLEASE don't hesitate to E-Mail me.

Thanks again,
Grady