PDA

View Full Version : Nate's second new engine

Jamesbon
04-06-2000, 03:50 PM
Well fellas, (and ladies) I just picked up a brand spanking new set of GM High Performance fast burn aluminum heads for the 388 stroker small block Chevy. Supposedly these heads with 383 cu. in, a .540 lift roller cam, and 9.8:1 compression will produce 500HP. (looks like I'll be buying the full roller set up now too.) I think I'm sick in the head....BUT I LOVE IT!! I'm hoping the machinist will have her done withtin a week. I really want to do this Poker Run in Jacksonville at the end of the month, so...... I'll keep you posted.

RickR,GroveCity
04-06-2000, 05:37 PM
YEEEEEHHAAAAAA!!!!!
I hope your new prop isn't too small.

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Forrest
04-06-2000, 08:37 PM
You better run fresh water cooling! I can't wait to ride in it.

------------------
Forrest

GEOO
04-07-2000, 12:11 PM
James, Sounds like a fun project. Don't worry, you have company; most of us have the same sickness!! YEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAA
GEOO

Jamesbon
04-07-2000, 01:22 PM
Thanks for your support fellas!! That $700 dollar check I just wrote to the old Mastercard doesn't hurt as much now : )

Yes, I'm curious to see what that prop will do behind this set up.....This time I won't even start it before the new tach. is in....

And yes, she is already fresh water cooled.

Rick, I have a couple digital pics for you, but I can't find the ^%#*^% cable to download......Hopefully it's around somewhere.

BTW,
It was great to meet all of you!!!! I already look forward to the next "schindig."

Can't wait
in St. Petersburg