PDA

View Full Version : Need Input ...

rgs
01-29-2002, 10:35 PM
Greetings all. I recently inherited a Donzi f-23 from my father. I'm more of a skier than a fisher so am looking for input regarding how to get value, etc for when it goes up for sale. Taking it to a marina comes to mind but am not sure if what I'd be hearing is hogwash or valid. New (not rebuilt) yamaha 250 outboard, live well, new electronics, and nice trailer w/ electric brakes. I've lost track of time but believe the boat is about an '85 or '86.

Any input very appreciated!

Formula Jr
01-30-2002, 12:18 AM
Price out a new Yam 250, subtract $500, and then add 7 to 10K depending on condition and apertuances. I'm just guessing, fishing boats are weird in their pricings. Just look at a small blackfin. They are all insanely high.

InstaGator
05-28-2002, 03:19 PM
Not sure if you sold the boat yet. If so let me know how much. If not, here is my 2 cents. I have a 1988 F-23 gray with a 1998 Merc efi 250 in perfect shape, new electronics, new upholstery, rub rail, etc... I would ask $25K and get between that and $20K without a trailer. These boats are awesome rough water fishing boats with great looks and are tough to find. They went for about $40K new with a 200 OB. After 1988 Donzi was taken over by OMC who caused much problems with this and other models, so the older boats are worth more than the new ones. Depending on the shape the boat should go for a high of $25K and a low of $10k. A 1989-1988 boat sold last year in my marina in Maryland for $14,500 on rough shape with original motor and now upgrades that I could see. Email me if you sold it.