PDA

View Full Version : Boating in January - Pictures

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-28-2002, 07:34 PM
Unreal weather here in VA...
Nancy and the kids had a blast, a few of our club members splashed yesterday, 80 mile run, only one Donzi (ME) but we did see a Classic on the return ride home!! Awesome!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvell022.jpg

----
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvell023.jpg

Shanghied Again
01-28-2002, 07:53 PM
Bryan, Just looking at these pics makes me have Donzi Fever, The best I did yesterday was pulled the boat out of the tent in my yard and waxed her, getting ready for the Atlantic City Boat show, April is my splash date and I cant wait. The pics look great!
biggrin.gif

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-28-2002, 08:02 PM
I bet your new baby looks great Frank, the 502 did well, max speed of the day was 66.4 at about 4800 4900RPM. Most of the day was bay running at 4000 RPM, so the economy wasn't bad, 47 gallons for a 80 mile run in the bay.

I got some stainless steel eyes and mounted them on the engine compartment wall, passenger side, then bungied two of our big fenders in there. That way the storage under the V berth is free for other stuff. I used colored lines and had them tied up in the pins for the side of the boat, and one with 2' of line for the center cleat.

Exchanged our GPS today, the Color is NOT the deal in my eyes, returned the 176C and got a regular 176. The sun mixed with yellow charts is not a good mix. Impressive in the car but not the boat!
Bryan

ToonaFish
01-28-2002, 08:03 PM
Great pics and the registration lettering looks AWESOME! Don't want to scare you or anything, but it looks like you picked up a space alien in the second picture...

Bunches,
Celene 'wearing a tinfoil hat'

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-28-2002, 08:06 PM
She is from Mars on occassion....
But so am I.... most will say I am
"out there!" smile.gif

I too was VERY pleased with the registration lettering, custom matched, Donzi style letters, $34 total... good deal!
Thanks.

one more just for fun...
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvell23.jpg

Sam
01-28-2002, 08:12 PM
You lucky dog ! As close as I could get to water was to dump the water puddles off the blue poly tarp. Although I did by a new bathing suit. Per our previous conversations regarding the color screen It dosen't suprise me that you didn't like the color. If I had my choice I would swap my color one for a B/W. Thanks for the pics !

Sam

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-28-2002, 08:57 PM
Speaking of poly blue tarps, I bought one that I do not need, paid $76 at Lowes and still have the reciept, anyone wants it I will bring it to KY, yours for only $30... it measures 20X30

Good hearing from ya Sam, KY is coming fast!!!

We got the info today on the April 27 Lake Murray SC run, but I think with AOTHII and SM Lake the very next weekend we will have to pass on it...
Bryan

BillR
01-29-2002, 07:53 AM
That first pic came out great. Bryan, you were ROCKIN! You went by SO fast I couldn't get another pic. I forgot to ask, but were you WOT?

DONZIMAN2
01-29-2002, 01:00 PM
Bill please, that information is confidential. If Bryan told you he would have to kill ya!!!LOL. Talk to you all soon. Bob

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-29-2002, 01:39 PM
BillR, no not WOT, but not far from it, I had a short run, you know the tank needs a little water space to get cranking! She turns real nice though uh, I am a bit more aggressive with it than the 22.
I stayed safe all day due to not many boats out if help was needed plus the water temp is still dangerous in case of an accident. I would have came closer to the 340 but to many extra folks in the boats to even consider it.
I too loved the pic's and Nancy saw them the a.m.
She like the alien comment!
Top speed was on the run north, 66.4 GPS I believe (probably in the air when it registered) and we never busted 5000 RPMs.
Thanks Bill for the pictures.
Bryan