PDA

View Full Version : Urban Rumor?

AVickers
04-03-2000, 01:19 PM
A True Story?

Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, California, a blonde (of course!!), new to boating was having a problem. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn’t get her brand new 22-ft. Bayliner to perform. It wouldn’t get on a plane at all, and it was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power she applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, she putted over to a nearby marina. Maybe they could tell her what was wrong.

A thorough topside check revealed everything was in perfect working order. The engine ran fine, the outdrive went up and down, the prop was the correct size and pitch.

So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard.

Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer. http://206.150.187.82/ubb/eek.gif

[This message has been edited by avickers (edited 04-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by avickers (edited 04-03-2000).]

GeneD
04-03-2000, 03:09 PM
I want you think really hard about this story...
Do you think a boat could float with a trailer under it?
Do you think a boat could even move from a launching ramp to a marina with a trailer attached to it?
I do believe it started out as a blonde joke.
This is urban legend to the max.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

RickR,GroveCity
04-03-2000, 06:34 PM
Gene is probably right.
But as far as the trailer goes, my tamdem aluminum trailer floats.

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

kingair
04-03-2000, 10:02 PM
Hey come on guys...Last time I heard that one I fell off my Formula!

------------------
later, Philip & Vickie

AVickers
04-04-2000, 09:04 AM
When I was a kid we watched a guy launch his boat, trailer and stationwagon and the boat floated! For a while...

The guy backed up to the top of the ramp and got out to unhook stern straps before backing in. The car started rolling and EVERYTHING went in the drink! What a circus!

We were pulling out and strapping down at the time. My dad was very serious about it while out on the ramp, but once he got inside the car, he and mom started laughing their asses off...

They still giggle about it sometimes and it was probably 40 years ago.