PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland or BUST!

Scott Pearson
05-05-2002, 09:40 PM
Well after helping Chris load is 22 on the new Rolls trailer...What did happen to that old trailer Chris? Any whoooo....After Chris left I rolled my 18 out of winter storage and started to get it ready for Cumberland.

1. Changed oil (Made a mess...Damn pumps)

2. Changed drive oil ( That went well...Go figure)

3. Checked all switches ( Blower motor wasnt working...Gave it a good smack and walla. Fresh air!)

4.Started motor ( started right up...Things are going to well...sort of)

5. Then....Ignition switch started giving me trouble again! Same thing as befor at Lake George...some of you might remember this. The starter stayed engauged and spun the guts out of it. $300 bucks later. Was fine all summer and I started it today and it was doing the same thing. Went out to the marine place and got a new different Ignition switch. Workes great now!.
Hay Cliff....I think that is why the boat shut down a WOT in Sarasoda....You remember....when you almost took a bath! Yup...that time.

6. New tires on trailer ( You say already? Yup...dumb ass me had them under inflated on the trip to Sarasoda....You guessed it...worn out!) Ohhh also the way I drive doesnt help....85-90 mph all the way.

7. Lets hope there is no #7.

See everyone out there!

(NJ)Scott

Magic Float
05-05-2002, 09:59 PM
Leaving early Friday AM with 02 18 and 02 22. Stopping off to get Woodsey's Blackhawk drive,see everyone there

Tomahawk
05-05-2002, 10:01 PM
Scott - same thing happened to me on the same trip. Aired up the night we left for Sarasota. Couldn't see recommended air pressure - small, black numbers, in the dark - took a guess. Wrong! Tread flew off two on that trip. One more about to come apart. Got four new, properly inflated Marathons now. Check your tire pressures carefully gentlemen - turns out that's important. :o

CDMA
05-05-2002, 10:07 PM
What old trailer are you referring to Scott???? :rolleyes:

See you all at Cumberland!!!

Chris

For those that meet my dad...My 350 wink isn't ready yet...no such thing as a 383 ...

Dr. Dan
05-06-2002, 05:33 AM
Hey Guys, I can relate! After going over the Boat & Trailer.... :p I thought I had better check out the Truck..Tune Up etc. For Tires, I always replace through Sears Auto, they do free rotate & balance if you buy their product(tires)so it's worth it to me...driving as much as I do! :rolleyes: Turns out I had a seperated belt on one and a stripped wheel stud & lug nut on another! :mad: This came from the "vehicle inspection" probably the previous day, Here is what blew me away wink , Sears called a Parts Store, got a new Stud & Two Chrome Lugs, installed them, plus balanced all the wheels/tires and stuck a can of stop leak in the bad one as a temp. fix 'til the new special order tires come in!All at NO CHARGE! :D And, they could not get the tires before Cumberland so I had to go elsewhere, but I was impressed with their service..all things considered! :cool: Lets see how the guys do today when the New set are installed? ... :p ...Doc Chris, I would not count on any secrets being kept with this Motley Crew!

mattyboy
05-06-2002, 07:50 AM
#7 Scott,
come to Matty's house and help him do the same now that you have all the practice on summerization wink :D
free beer and food ,
Scott how are your carpentry skills , maybe you can help me hang my new attic stairs?

Wait! forget I even mentioned it!!!!! eek! eek! :D

Matt

Scott Pearson
05-06-2002, 07:40 PM
Matt,
Beer...did you say beer????

Anytime...just let me know...

(NJ)Scott

BigGrizzly
05-06-2002, 07:52 PM
I had two bearing failures- good thing I checked. No water that I saw, turned out that the guy who hade the boat befor me muixed types of greases lithiun basw and aluninum base. This is a no no I am told. I do beleive it now so don't do it.

Randy

mattyboy
05-06-2002, 08:17 PM
yes i said beer!
and you better bring alot for aoth it is a dry county eek! I guess that means it doesn't rain there alot :D
Have a safe trip, I'll see you at the dustoff and I'll have the beer!

Matt

Dr. Dan
05-06-2002, 08:26 PM
Scott, here is my #7...the Ford Dealer calls today after doing all my new tires and says as we were doing your alignment we found some front end parts that will have to be replaced!!!Radius Arm Bushings, some Concentric Spacers and a small list of other stuff...the good news is they found it and I am sure it needed it, the bad news is I am setting a new preparatory event budget high $$$ :rolleyes: Well, it better handle better after this schtick!...Doc

BERTRAM BOY
05-06-2002, 09:34 PM
Well,
I'm about 80% packed, and almost ready to go. I didn't know I could fit so much stuff into a small space. I hope I didn't forget anything. I'm sure if I forgot something, someone else remembered.......Damn I've got a lot of sh!t....
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Way north of Cuba......Damn, I need an Excursion

GEOO
05-06-2002, 10:59 PM
Well I'm finally packed. Same check list, tire pressure ( I wore out my first pait too, wrong pressure??), truck and trailer, greased, new lights, apare tire, extra bearings , hub, brake pads... boat gone through, trim fluid, steering fluid, engine oil, tab fluid, new rear light bulb, oil and fuel for blender, eek!

I'm heading out Tuesday 5:00am.
Have a safe trip guys!!! cell (203)258-5222 GEOO

Scott Pearson
05-07-2002, 04:50 AM
Cliff,
Your a mess like always.

George,
Your taking the truck right? Not the Audi?

Dr. Dan,
I'm sure it didnt need any front end parts. They are just making some money off of you. Dont you ever watch 60 min. ? "When repair shops go wild"

Have a safe trip guys!
I will be flying in with the truck and Donzi early Thursday morning.

(NJ)Scott