PDA

View Full Version : Donzi not at Boston Boat Show

Woodsy
01-28-2002, 01:19 PM
Comrades...

Imagine this scene.... I am sitting here at my desk, doing boring work stuff. It is sunny and about 60 here in Boston today. My mind starts to wander, daring to think of all things spring & summer... Donzi's, Lake Winni Donzi girls.... mmm.. Lake Winni Donzi Girls... well, I digress... anyway, I get a flyer telling me about the upcoming Boston Boat Show. I get all excited and bang out more than a few e-mails to the Lake Winni Donzi faithful. I am getting really excited now... did I mention the Lake Winni Donzi Girls? Anyway, I go to the Expo website and lo and behold Donzi is not listed... ANYWHERE!! I think this must be a mistake, so I call my local Donzi dealer, only to find out that they are not a dealer anymore... YIKES!! Donzi no longer has a dealer in New England. My ex-dealer (kinda like an ex-wife) informs me that they are sure somebody will pick up the line, just not them. This is my 3rd Donzi dealership in 2 years... What is going on?? Then to add insult to injury, the bank-repo inventory of my 1st Donzi dealership is now at a cruiser dealership... who by the way, told me they will NOT be the new Donzi dealership, they are just making a few $$$ on some repos.... Somebody PLEASE wake me up from this nightmare and tell me its not true... No Donzi's at the show... No dealership.... the next thing you know winter will be back, and it will be freezing cold with no snow so I can sit in my garage and stare at those two expensive boat anchors I call snowmobiles.... UUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!

Woodsy confused.gif

waleyetwo
01-29-2002, 09:49 AM
easy there woodsy things have a way of working out.look on the bright side thin ice smile.gif eary boat season.

Crazy Horse
01-29-2002, 09:58 AM
According to Bonnie the new dealer is over in Alton. I took Donzi's exit from Channel Marine like a kick in the knee. First I'm at Goodhue and they give up the line so I follow it to Channel (as you and Tom did) and half a year later they are no longer a Donzi dealer. I have about 20 hours on my 22...and I am still reeling from the warranty nightmare on the 18 featuring Goodhue, Channel, and Donzi. Oh well.

Looking forward to the boat show. Lets do Friday night the 25th: Boat Show & Anthony's...You in? Pony Boy-You in?

Woodsy
01-29-2002, 10:19 AM
Horseman...

I totally understand getting kicked! I stole Miss October from Goodhue, but I didn't know they were getting out of Donzi completely until the boat show last Feb, when Channel Marine & the Donzi rep informed that I had successfully bought an orphan... I was not too happy.... I just thought I had gotten a great deal on the boat... not bought an orphan...

I assume the date you meant for the get together is Friday 22-Feb? The Princess and I will be there. I have e-mailed Looped, he is in for whatever day we pick. I am sure Donzi Tom will be there as well. So PonyBoy... You & Mustang coming or what? Has anybody heard from George & Bonnie? It would be great if they could make it too. We do need to come up with some nicknames for those two. Did I forget anyone? I can get some discount tix here at work. Maybe drink... ooops I mean meet at Anthony's Pier 4 and go over as a group? Let me know what you guys want to do...

Woodsy biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

GEOO
01-29-2002, 02:22 PM
Woodsy,
No Fear!!
We'll alway's be here!!!
DONZI NET RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEOO

Crazy Horse
01-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Lake Winni Donzi Club does the Boston Boat Show.
For details check the 'events' section at www.donziclub.com (http://www.donziclub.com)

Looped
01-29-2002, 04:40 PM
Crazyman,
You've Gotta give me a couple to put it up there first! tongue.gif