PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota/Venice

RickR
09-13-2001, 07:37 PM
Nate,Stromer,Donzitester etc...
The "Boss" and I are headed to FLA USA.

Wanna meet up next Saturday 9/22? How about the park on the north side of Big Sarasota Pass? Or Venice or Egmont Key? :D

White w/Blue stripe 22 Classic call sign "Risky"
http://www.donzi.net/photos/rryan12speed9-01.jpg

Jamesbon
09-13-2001, 09:13 PM
RickR,
Beautiful pic!!

"Wanna meet up next Saturday 9/22? " Are you kiddin me?! We'll be there! You won't believe how well Donzitester fits in our "regime." The two of you (and the bosses) are among the best...

Stromer,
I'd love to meet a new "Donzi fanatic," hope to see you as well!

Jamesbon

Stromer
09-14-2001, 08:37 AM
Hey Guys - I am going to try to meet ya. I have the little one's B-day and preparing for the Chris-Craft dealer meeting on Monday/Tues/Weds. It takes a huge amount of planning. If I can break away and need a ride - I'll be there.

Thanks for the e-mail heads up Rick!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Stromer
09-14-2001, 08:39 AM
Going through a bad storm now - big time wind rain bridges closed power on and off - schools closed, hope this passes soon.

Talk to ya all later.

Remember our countrymen in NY and WASHINGTON!

Cuda
09-14-2001, 10:48 AM
The storm should be clearing out by this afternoon. Actually, the weather is supposed to be better than was predicted for the weekend. We are going to try to get to Passage Key this weekend, just south of Egmont Key.

RickR
09-14-2001, 04:46 PM
Lets do it.
We'll be on the road for a couple of days. Then some tropical storm clean-up but we'll be ready to go by next weekend!

Jamesbon
09-14-2001, 06:21 PM
I'll go anywhere, however, I live on the intercoastal and have two spare rooms if you wanna meet in St. Pete. Just food for thought. Either way is good.

I think Donzitester is a go too. Maybe we can get WA-LO to jump on the bandwagon as well.

Cuda! What boat do you have?

Nate

HP 600SC
09-14-2001, 06:55 PM
Madpoodle,
Hope you both can make it up,
please try......
Ted M.

Get'em Mr. President http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad66.gif

Cuda
09-14-2001, 10:31 PM
Jamesbon, I have five different boats. The closest thing I have to a Donzi is a Formula F20 SC. I have only had it a couple weeks and have only taken it out once. I am hopeful to take it out tomorrow or Sunday at the latest. I always loved Donzis, but I never was that much into performance boats until just recently. I never saw any need to own a boat that you couldn't fish from. Times change, and so have I. Now, I enjoy riding in the boat, as a matter of fact, I haven't broke out a fishing rod since April. I have been lurking on this Donzi board for a few months now (everyday), trying to decide which type would best suite me. We have seen several Donzis when we are out at Passage Key, and my girlfriend likes them too, though she doesn't understand why five boats aren't enough. I kinda like the 20 Minx or 20 Hornet I think.

Hardonzi
09-15-2001, 06:31 PM
Hey--I might see if I can hook-up with youz guys..Let me know were and when?Yo Cuda that beach is clothing optional (Passage Key)u know.. :p :D

Cuda
09-16-2001, 10:40 AM
Yep, we know :D We have been going there all summer. Normally would be there right now, but we have a sitter conflict today.

RickR
09-18-2001, 09:25 AM
Is this weather perfect?

What time and where?
We can meet at a central location like Lido Key @ Big Sarasota Pass or down in my neck of the woods.

2PM Sat?

Were having a great time although the events of the past week keep us glued to the news.

Sunday
4.7MPH current running out of Boca :eek:
Stuffed the bow for the 1st time in the 22 into a standing men
:D Got pretty noisy in the passenger seat :rolleyes:

Monday
Seas <1'
We saw 6 Eagles. Our national symbol is alive and well!

boxy
09-18-2001, 09:58 AM
RickR, when you say Boca do you mean the Boca inlet near Deerfield Beach on the eass coast ?

GeneD
09-19-2001, 07:36 AM
Hey Boxy, what do you know about Deerfield Beach and Boca Inlet?

HP 600SC
09-19-2001, 07:56 AM
Is there any way we can do it earlier
than 2PM.....? I can trailer to Sarasota
but 2PM is a late start for me, only gives
a couple hours before the afternoon storms
start kickin

RickR
09-19-2001, 08:30 AM
Boxy
Boca Grande (Big Mouth) is the pass for Charlotte Harbor. It is the tarpon capital of the world!
Big current, big fish, 72'deep hole in the middle of the pass.

boxy
09-19-2001, 08:49 AM
Geno, Until my Grandmother sold her condo last year, I spent at least 2 weeks a year in Deerfield Beach for about the last 22 years. My favorite time was always in the fall, especially when I became old enough to head down with a couple of buddies to open up the condo, before my Grandmother arrived for the winter. Those were the days, CDMA's age, unsupervised in SoFla for a couple weeks.
I know it was a long walk back from Sharkey's Surf Cafe, on the North side of the Boca Raton inlet, to the Whale's Rib in beautiful downtown Deerfield.
I also know that when the tide is changing, Boca inlet is a bear to run in a dive boat. Ask MP, I think he has some pictures, or at least some great stories of the standing waves being as high as the flybridge on his fishing boat.

RickR
09-19-2001, 08:49 AM
Anytime is fine for us, we're on vacation :D
How about noon? Sat 9/22
South Lido Park (North side of Big Sarasota Pass)

MikeMiller
09-19-2001, 11:43 AM
Hey gang,

For those of you who are interested and in the Ft. Myers area for your weekend run:

Salty Sam's Marina is hosting our Donzi Hi-Performance World Tour on Ft. Myers Beach!!!

Saturday & Sunday from 10-6pm. It consists of hi-performance driving advice and expert lessons, seminar on MerCruiser engines, and seminar on What To Look For In A New Boat.

Nick and I will be hosting the weekend with a couple of Donzi Girls!

It is open to the public and for anyone who wants to learn more about Donzi, driving a hi-performance boat or their engine (hey that pretty much covers all of us!)

I would love to see you guys!! Call Salty Sam's and see if they have docking for you to stop by (941) 463-7333.

We could use the support!! Thanks. ;)

GeneD
09-20-2001, 08:59 AM
Ft. Meyers huh?
I just 'may' be able to pull that off.
We'll see.

HP 600SC
09-20-2001, 09:29 AM
Let me know what you all decide.
Ted M.

RickR
09-20-2001, 07:34 PM
South Lido Park is closed to vehicular traffic because of storm damage. I don't think it will be a problem to meet there in a boat.

Donzitester do you have a better location? I thought S. Lido would be good in case it is rough offshore.

HP 600SC
09-20-2001, 09:59 PM
I can only think of Egmont as an alternative.
Let me know what you think.

RickR
09-21-2001, 10:47 AM
Donzitester
Madpoodle is not comming and I have not heard
from jamesbond or stromer.
Looks like you, me and the bosses.
Tommie and I plan on South Lido Key Park at noon tommorrow. :D
riggerb@aol.com

Jamesbon
09-21-2001, 05:01 PM
RickR,
My machine bit the dust, but I'm back up and running.

I'll be with Donzitester (and his boss?)

See ya @ Lido @ 12:00 :D

Nate

GeneD
09-22-2001, 08:57 AM
I don't think I can do this, boat is not running, and I got a mess of things to do.
Anyone coming over to Ft. Lauderdale for the race next weekend?
Zero Cavity is throwing a party Sat nite.
Stay tuned for details...