http://www.bentboat.com/files/inventory/1870/pics/1870h.jpg
Interesting Donzi.

Donzified
01-27-2002, 04:07 PM
http://www.bentboat.com/index.html

A better link

oldLenny
01-27-2002, 04:17 PM
probably, so long as you are aware of this?...

"lou
Extreme Member
Member # 60
Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 07:39 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bent Boat has had the same boat for auction many times not just on their site but on eBay, I saw the boat in person : it fell off the trailer and has hull damage on the side that has been covered up. For a boat with no reserve it keeps on showing up again and again and again and again and well...... you get the point.
--------------------

Lou

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 118 | From: Delray Beach Florida U.S. | Registered: Mar 2000 | IP: Logged "

Gearhead99
01-27-2002, 07:13 PM
You're right. That boat has been up on Bent Boats several times last year.

SS18
01-27-2002, 08:26 PM
So why is there know one bidding?
Jim in NJ

harbormaster
01-27-2002, 11:34 PM
because alot of people know better...

HP 600SC
01-28-2002, 07:01 AM
Madpoodle is right.....I am kicking it around!
it really aint that bad. But I have been sweating
for the last 2 years on 2 different boats....
not much sweat left. Think I need to sit back
for a while and enjoy my finished boat! http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/xerx/MODhappyjaz.gif

Cuda
01-28-2002, 03:50 PM
I love the lines of that boat. Does anyone know the extent of the damage from falling off the trailer? It would be a fun project for someone with the time, and you would end up with a boat that you can't just go to the dealer and plunk down the cash to own. I am still busy investing my sweat equity (and green equity) in my current project. biggrin.gif

SS18
01-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Maybe the bids of the past auctions were Bogus?
You can't get blood out of a rock 3500 miles away.
Jim in NJ eek.gif

Murphy
01-29-2002, 06:13 PM
This one has fixer-upper written all over it if... (and that's a big if) the hull is sound. You'd definitely want to look at it in person before bidding. Most of what appears in the photos looks reversable. If bought for under $5k you could put a brand new engine and stern drive in and still be OK cost-wise . So the hull is the big question. The early/mid 80's boats were tough and well built. The really hard to replace parts like windshield and fittings look OK. Some of those parts are unobtainable today. The fact that it hasen't sold makes me suspicious of serious damage to the hull. Be careful. If it doesn't sell maybe somebody should call to see if they want to part this one out. Good Luck.

Murph

Wildfire
01-29-2002, 06:28 PM
I'll admit it, I bid. But only to get it on my Ebay page. I am just worried about the big stuff like the hull and engine/drive. Also, I don't know what a cherry Hornet III would sell for, so it is difficult to judge the value of this one. It obviously needs paint and interior. Also the port windscreen wings appears to be broken. Can you add all this and still be anywhere close to rightside up? (I know, that is not why you have a Donzi in the first place, but convince the Missus of that!)

MXRoadster
01-29-2002, 06:50 PM
FYI, last year I paid $8300 for my Hornet III and it is in excellent condition for a 19 year old boat. I also am the second onwner. Now in that price came a new tandom axle trailer which cost $3000. I was shocked that the trailer cost that much. This boat has a 454 vs my 350 so it should be valued higher when in the same condition.
From the looks of the pictures the left side of the windshield needs replacing and the bow looks to be damaged slightly. I dont see any damage to the hull, but pictures can be decieving. I would not pay more than $3500 but I would want to see it first and the bid prices are already up to $3800 with over three days left.

David

HP 600SC
01-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Hmmmm.....wonder how many are posting about this boat and down playing it, so that they are not
out bid on it! http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/cwm/3dlil/idea.gif

HP 600SC
01-29-2002, 09:38 PM
Ok its at $4750.00 right now.....do I hear
$4850.00 anyone???? $4850.00 anyone????http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/tweetz/scared.gif

SS18
01-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Okay,
We were high proxy bid but I have to be suspicious at this point!New bid has zero feedback
and this could be just a ploy to run the price up!
Maybe this is why it keeps on repeating the auction process.Anyway I thought at least 5K for boat,4K for trailer,6 to 10K optional for repower,gauges,interior,paint and misc.8K min.best
case 20-23K Hmm 22 classic on repo don't look so bad,But over time this could be a long term labor.
I'm one for fast results so I'm out good luck to
the high bidder!
Jim in NJ
PS.At least 4K for drun%^#en road trip to pick it up plus lose of wages.Though thats half the fun!
frown.gif mad.gif biggrin.gif

Formula Jr
01-30-2002, 07:16 PM
New bid, no feedback. RUN. I stop biding the second any Zero shows up at a marginal bid. Sometimes, I even remove my old bid just incase Zero drops out. Think about it. Someone just made a four thousand dollar plus bid as their first bid on the site. Does that make ANY sense at all? Also the eBay servers have been hacked. I'll leave it to your imaginations as to what that means.

Its just kind of funny that some people will pole the proxy till they find your price, or they will just drop out after running up to the edge of your high proxy at the last second.

eBay is for sellers - not buyers. They are still hedging the coupon auctions that funded 911.
People should not forget that eBay isn't a real auction site. Its an electronic version of an auction site. The rules and pitfalls are different.

If it shows up again, I think we should all hammer bentboat and eBay on this.

MXRoadster
02-02-2002, 07:04 PM
Going, going, gone.... So is the winner a member of this board? If not I sent an e-mail informing them of this website, so hopefully they become a member.

David