PDA

View Full Version : best degreaser

Digger
05-03-2002, 01:26 PM
would like to hear opinions on degreasers. My bilge is TIGHT, so I need the degreaser to do most of the work for me. There are places that can't be reached except by a double-jointed dwarf. (Unless you remove a motor) :(

anyone ever heard of Zep "Purple"? got some the other day it seems to work great. :cool:

Sam
05-03-2002, 02:07 PM
Zep is good stuff and you might want to try "Crud Cutter" you can get it at Home Depot. I use it to cut grease and oil, worked great.

Sam

seano
05-03-2002, 02:26 PM
Greez Off works reall well.

DonziDave
05-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Good 'ol DAWN Dishwashing liquid works great!
You might recall that after trying several de-greasers, DAWN was found to be the best product to use to clean the sea birds after the EXXON Valdese oil spill.
Dave

KMLFAMILY
05-03-2002, 03:17 PM
ZEP TNT TRUCK WASH. WE USE IT ON ALL THE DIESEL MOTORS ALSO. VERY POWERFUL .

Cuda
05-03-2002, 06:22 PM
I second the dawn liquid. I've seen marina operators squirt a circle around oil on the water, and it breaks it down and dissapears.

Scott Pearson
05-03-2002, 06:30 PM
Digger,
The BEST suff out there is "STEAM" from Gumout. I use this on everything. The regular gumout sucks and stinks to high heaven. Any whoooo....This stuff is biodegradible (spelling) and it makes the motor smell like brand new. Also it wont hurt blacktop.

Pepboys carrys it. Hands down steam is the best. Its a black can.

(NJ)Scott

Blewbyu
05-04-2002, 09:01 PM
Yo Scott!!!!!You said it!!"STEAM" ROCKS!!!Best stuff I have ever used on cars or boats.Great cleaning of electrical wires/connectors.Smells great.Leaves everything spotless and shining.Everyone I have told about it has thrown out their "Gunk" and other products-even the euro "P-21" after trying "Steam". eek! :D eek!

CDMA
05-04-2002, 10:08 PM
I third steam. Also recommend Spray nine and Crazy clean for general cleaning.

Chris

Digger
05-06-2002, 06:47 AM
cool...thanks guys, for the responses. I think I will get some "steam" :)