PDA

View Full Version : Team Warlock Takes 1st In Manatee Mutilation

GeneD
05-02-2002, 06:36 PM
Well guys, it was mentioned to me, so I am going to blow the lid on this incredible story.
Team Owner and I were out testing in Daytona on Thursday.
Apparently...we missed the second Manatee sign. WFO right through the Sacred Manatee Zone.
The really bad part is, that not only did we do it going out, but also on the way back!
4 Coast Guard dudes, 3 Marine Patrols surrounded us at the launching ramp.
"Who's the driver of this boat?"
I just turned around and pointed my finger at the Team Owner.
One thing led to another, turns out that APBA told the Marine Patrol and CG that they had had a meeting prior to the testing period and told us all of the regulations of the channel, ect. Also, that we were all going to do idle speed all the way out.
NO ONE had told us a thing!
They questioned all the racers, everyone backed us up, and we ended up getting a slap on the wrist ticket of $63.
But that ticket caused MUCH embarrassment throughout the weekend.
The word is out, so I thought I would tell my version of the story before someone else did.
Oh, and they cancelled the rest of the day of testing, needless to say, we weren't very popular later on.
Mmmm, tastes like chicken!

Shanghied Again
05-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Only Phil!! :rolleyes:

HP 600SC
05-02-2002, 07:31 PM
I hear that Manatee tastes a little like Bald Eagle.....

BERTRAM BOY
05-02-2002, 08:17 PM
Ted,
It actually tastes like spotted owl......
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

HP 600SC
05-02-2002, 08:24 PM
Bertram LOL....or Florida Panther....

CDMA
05-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey ted I talked to the eagle and he doesn't even know who you are. I got all embaressed and felt like an ass. Maybe you should think about posting about an eagle on a donzi sight next time. Man next time keep it more serious. Geezzzz. wink wink wink

Chris

GEOO
05-02-2002, 08:47 PM
Gene,
Thanks for the story... I think most of us have done simular things. I know of done my share... How did the testing go.. GEOO

Looped
05-02-2002, 09:32 PM
You know someone needs to start to get ride of them, they’re like dump ducks (seagulls) up here, you just need to find the right inconspicuous way to do it :D

Craig

GeneD
05-03-2002, 06:23 AM
You guys!

boldts
05-03-2002, 11:36 AM
Hey guys. You could move up here to the great white North. Nooooo Manatee here, although you only get 3 months of boating season. LOL Nice of the organizers to keep everyone informed. Of course being a small event organizer, I'm living it. What day are we showing up in Kentucky? :D

Robert Geoghegan
05-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Gene,
Thanks for confessing-I would tell Phill he should be more embarassed about the bolster breaking. Maybe he could get "Nutra System" to sponsor him!
The Manatee Police liked us-we only received a warning, but then again it was a female officer-and we flirted with her!
Nice to meet you guys.
BOB G
P5-14 wink

Dalelama
05-03-2002, 04:28 PM
Geno~!

MANATEE... the OTHER white meat!

Just ask Baxter!

Dale Evans
Somewhere in Maryland....

The only friggin state with "Slow for CRABS" zones! Go figure?

abelchinewalker
05-03-2002, 05:04 PM
All kidding aside, I've actually tried Manatee. Ted is right it tastes alot like Blad Eagle, but it has a White Seal texture to it.

Donnie

Cuda
05-03-2002, 06:20 PM
Some fried turtle eggs with a big slab of manatee on the side mmmmmmmmmmmm good!

HP 600SC
05-03-2002, 09:14 PM
Ok sorry .....I will be all business from now on!
I am going to kill a Porpoise on saturday
and eat it! http://www.donzi.net/photos/flipper1.jpg

Formula Jr
05-03-2002, 09:34 PM
Guys, next time you are in Alaska, remember to bring up a bushel of Kittens. Its a blast with the Eagles. Ya toss up a kitten, just like a french fry, and the Eagles take it! Its just fantastic!!!.

smokediver
05-06-2002, 08:04 PM
funny story. i was out early one morning going through a 25 mph zone in estero bay. i came off plane for some fisherman and they complimented my boat and then a sea hag in a kayak came from behind some mangroves and asked me how many manattees i have killed with my boat. i told her my prop and lower unit were too valuable to me and me and the fishermen had a good laugh.what a scam those virginia people have going!!!

ToonaFish
05-06-2002, 11:19 PM
Man, I've been wracking my blonde-sized brain trying to think of an item to send to the AOTH auction... and all the time here in my fridge sat the perfect delicacy. See, we gelded one of the stud colts this week and I have a great recipe for equine testes... on the order of Rocky Mountain Oysters, but with a southern flair. I had no idea that so many of you guys liked exotic meats... now, who's going to bid on them so I know how big a batch to whip up?

Bunches,

Celene 'emasculator' Howard