PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tanks?

Greg
01-26-2002, 05:41 PM
Its getting to be time for me to purchase a gas tank for my 18. My old one was 25 gal. and I would like to go larger. Maybe around 40 or so. I just read a post here the other day about Donzi selling a poly tank, and I have also spoken to Fla. Marine tanks about making me one. Do any of you guys have an opinion on which is the better tank?

HP 600SC
01-26-2002, 05:50 PM
Go with the poly one for sure!
All the classics come with them now.
Ted M.

Rob
01-26-2002, 07:36 PM
The poly tank is probably the way to go, but if you want an aluminum tank for some reason, Florida Marine Tanks does a great job for a reasonable price. I sent them the galvanized tank out of my 16 and they made me a perfect duplicate in aluminum. The workmanship was first rate.

Scott Pearson
01-27-2002, 07:24 AM
I ran aluminum...really dont care for the poly much. I think its just a cheap short cut that saves boat builders money. Will run another Aluminum tank in the Secret( As Madpoddle puts it... BASSBOAT PROJECT). On that boat the tank will be polished...you do see some of it.

(NJ)Scott

MOP
01-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Hi When the plastic as I call them tanks showed up about 25-30 years ago I said what crap. Well I now have alot of respect for them having been a boat mechacnic over 35 years and seeing what the will go through. I have a 91 16 with the poly tank with no problems. * Think of all those red gas cans you have been throwing in the back of the truck! Could anyone do that with any type of metal tank.
Phil / Long Island