PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Donzi's

Chummy
01-26-2002, 10:35 AM
Just wondering how many Donzi enthusists there are in Georgia.

Tomahawk
01-26-2002, 10:58 AM
More than I thought. I sent you an E-mail a couple days ago. A couple of us are meeting tomorrow morning(Sun. 1/27) at 8:30 for breakfast. JR's on Peachtree Industrial Blvd. in Duluth. It's just north of Suwanee Dam Rd. on the east side. Joe and I so far. Grizz, Bill, Celene, Marc, Mike V.,Skip, Mike B., KC, Tim F.? Anyone else. Join us if you feel like it. Just breakfast and BS for an hour or so. Actually, there seems to be potential for some gatherings here. smile.gif

Chummy
01-26-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey Tom, some how your E-mail got erased before I could E-mail you back. Sounds good for tomorrow morning, thanks for the invite.
Brad

ToonaFish
01-27-2002, 07:01 PM
Welcome Chummy! Sorry I missed you guys' kind invite for breakfast - been celebrating my Dad's 80th and just got back home. Did Tom tell you to look for the old farts? I looked everywhere for the "old farts" at the Boat Show, but finally settled for Tom, Randy, and Bill!

Passed by Lake Allatoona on the way home - SHE CURRENTLY CONTAINS A LIQUID SUBSTANCE THAT RESEMBLES WATER! Had heard she was up five feet in four days, but seeing was believing! Saw a slew of PWC's and Bassboats, but I guess there are too many floaties for, ahem, real watercraft. Maybe the Georgia Owners Of Donzis (GODS?) could do a rain dance for a few more inches of the wet stuff?

Bunches,
Celene 'where'd I put my boatramp pass?'

BigGrizzly
01-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Breakfast was great, only one minor problem, there are 3 J.R.s restaurants. The GODS thank God for cell phones which brought us all to the same JRs

Randy

Chummy
01-28-2002, 08:25 PM
It was nice meeting everyone Sunday morning, look forward to seeing you all again. Awaiting a phone call on a late 80's 22 that some guy named Oggy owns. Its got a 454 with a Huber 1800 trans and a TRS drive. Hopefully Lanier will continue to fill up, I was up there Sunday afternoon and was surprised to see it had come up 2 feet. Everyone needs to do a raindance everyday after work. See ya later
Brad

mikev
01-29-2002, 09:32 AM
sorry i missed breakfast (church on sunday am). I was at the lake sunday too its looking a little better. I got laid off two weeks ago so been busy doing the job hunting thing. to bad the boat is winterized or i would be taking it out today.

BigGrizzly
01-29-2002, 07:21 PM
Chummy I hope it pans out for you, looking forward to some more breakfast and BS sessions. All other Gods (Georga owners of Donzis) lets get together. This includes the about to be G.O.Ds also.

Randy

ToonaFish
01-29-2002, 09:32 PM
About to be GODS? More like DODO's... Donzi One Day Owners... I've got a long way to go before I'm a God(dess)!

Bunches,
Celene 'got the tshirt, need the boat'

Chummy
01-29-2002, 09:45 PM
Looked at that Donzi today, What a story to tell. Anyone who wants to look at that boat save yourself some time and contact me first. So the search continues.......
Brad

nuck'in futs
01-30-2002, 04:50 PM
Do you Georgia Donzi owner ever get together on the lake? How many are in your group?

BigGrizzly
01-30-2002, 06:55 PM
The Lake ahhhh yes. We have E-mailed people buy have been able to scrape only 4 boats at once. Now that Toonafish thinks we are harmless she may join us this spring. I know I would like to talk Donzi and other stuff. Tom and I have deep-water docks on the lake. Joe P. will have a wet dock if water comes up. So far we don't hang at Cocktail cove as a group yet. Lil Grizzly does the cove thing often as does W. Bateman, who was out of town a lot last year. We hope to get something going this year. So if you are a G.O.D. or a DODO lets try to get together.

Randy

Chummy
01-30-2002, 10:06 PM
Hey Nuckin Futs, what kind of boat do you have?

Tomahawk
01-30-2002, 11:11 PM
Hey Nuck and other Goergia Donzi folks - tendency is to hang at my place on any given weekend. Shoot out and around from there, or Randy's. drop me an E-mail and I'll give you directions - (clue FC 6).
Also caravan to Group events like AOTHII etc. It was only 76 degrees here today but when it reaches 80, we'll do a Donzi Burger thing here and go boating. Maybe go up to Hartwell some weekend too.
Any Donzis are welcome to stop by any time, say hey, go swimming, hang out, whatever. Mike B. and Skip P., 28's are welcome too! smile.gif

nuck'in futs
01-31-2002, 07:14 AM
Hey guys thanks for the response. I would be interested in getting together in the future. I have a 99 28ZX that I'll put in sometime in March. Young Deer Creek is where I live and keep my boat. Hopefully a ZX will qualify for the group!

BigGrizzly
02-01-2002, 02:15 AM
ZX no problem, my son has a 22ZX also, it does say DONZI right. just don't take my spot at tom's dock or his at my dock LOL. This could be fun, even with some DODOs.

Randy

Tomahawk
02-01-2002, 06:13 AM
Hey Nuckster - your 28ZX makes three that I know of on the lake. Look on the "Registry," by state, first guy is "RxDouble Dose" He's up past Gainesville Marina. I'd really like a ride in one of these 28's some time. Come on by when you get launched. BTW, it's first come, first served at my dock. Neighbors are open too. cool.gif

ToonaFish
02-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Uh, Tom, wasn't it bordering 80 yesterday? As soon as I figure out FC 6 (cove marker?), you'll be in danger of hungry ToonaFish showing up at your dock!

Playing hooky today on 'Toona... the bass will be entertained, if not captured... gotta do it now, as snow is predicted here by Wednesday. This weather is crazed!

Bunches,
Celene 'resident DODO'

ToonaFish
02-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Buububbuubbbuuuuuuubbbbaaaadddddd idea. Cold. Wind. Chop. Brrrrhhhh. No go lake til July. Shiver. Sniff. Dumb bass boat. Dumb cold front. Dumb DODO.

mikev
02-01-2002, 08:27 PM
i put in at young deer too nice ramp accept for the jerks on jet skis.

nuck'in futs
02-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Jet skis do love Young Deer Creek! Unfortunately!
mad.gif