PDA

View Full Version : Awakening Schedule

boldts
04-30-2002, 09:07 PM
Thought I'd get with everyone as soon as possible so you have an idea of the time frames and schedule for the "Awakening of the Horses II" gathering. I'll also give you a list of things you may want to bring with you. SPECIAL NOTE: All times are Central Time Zone!

Items to bring:
1) Refreshments - pop is a dollar a can, the other refreshment is unavailable at Jamestown.

2) Chips, Doritoes, Fritoes any thing else that goes with pizza and with dogs, burgers.

3) Auction item to donate - Remember, can be anything you would like to donate.

4) Camara and film or digital - everyone who can't make the gathering will appreciate the pictures. Motor Boating Magazine needs slide film pictures.

"Awakening of the Horses II"
Schedule for May 9th through the 14th

May 9th - All Day - Arrival day! For those of you getting to the lake and lodging early, the afternoon is open to allow rides on your Donzi along with rides on that Donzi you would like to experience. Most of the activity will be centered around the launch ramp and helping everyone get their boats ready to go. We will not be judging your abilities, but it's always nice to here a Donzi fire up. If you wish to store your trailer at a more secure, code entrance facility, You will need to let me know when I arrive so I can give you the code and collect $10 for the service while you are at the lake.

? - 8:00pm - Registration! Everyone take the time to register with Scott Boldt or assistants if available. This information is used for commentary while doing the event video and to get a count on just how many folks are with us. Starting at 06:00pm, Pizza will be the dinner for Thursday night.

08:00pm - ? - We will gather and hold an introduction meeting. A chance for everyone to put a face with a name. We'll also go over the plan for Friday to allow everyone to be ready in the morning and introduce any ideas or places that they would like to visit while at Lake Cumberland.

May 10th - 09:00am - We will hold a short meeting with a speaker from the Watercraft Division to just go over the safety aspects while on the lake. I'm sure that everyone practices safe boating, but this is just a reminder for you. This meeting can be held on the dock or at the Yacht Club depending on a decision made at Thursday evening's gathering.

10:00am - Official start of the "Awakening" with a call to awaken the horses. Hopefully, we can get a few "Donzi Girls" to say the words, "Ladies and Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES!"

11:30 - 12:00 - We'll do lunch at Conley Bottom Marina. The trip from Jamestown Resort will be an easy, relaxing, Donzi ride to the marina. Depending on the size of our group, we may need to split the boats up into speed categories and or size groups. The main goal is to enjoy Lake Cumberland and our boats so plenty of time has been left to arrive at Conley Bottom Marina.

01:30pm - 02:00pm - We'll head back west on the lake passing Jamestown Resort and continuing on to the Wolf Creek Dam where those who wish to participate in radar runs with their boats will be able to do so. Those who do not wish to participate in the radar runs can continue on past the Gider Hill Marina and go to the 76 Falls.

03:30pm - Everyone meets at the 76 Falls for a raft-up and a group picture. Swimming, meeting new friends, admiring and showing off our Donzi boats is the reason for coming to the falls as this is one of the best hang-out areas on the lake. Simply beautiful!

05:00pm - ? - We'll head back to the Jamestown Resort to freshen up for dinner which will be dogs, hamburgers or cheeseburgers on the grill starting at 06:00pm. We will hold an auction of donated items from the attendees who wish to donate items. This money will be used to help the Registry and the club to off-set costs like the dinners. Afterwards will be relaxing and enjoying everyone in attendance along with a discussion about Saturdays happenings.

May 11th - 09:00am - We will have a live radio broadcast from WKYM 107.1 radio station from the docks. We will also have aerial helicopter pictures being taken. On Friday night, you will be assigned a group number primarily by your boat size. The groups will try to not be larger than 10 boats so that everyone will get a chance to have their Donzi photographed. You will go out to the Resort inlet and head towards Wolf Creek Dam at a nice easy pace so that the photographer can get a nice shot. At 08:15 , the group #2 boats will leave the docks and head out to the inlet to begin your run towards the dam for pictures. 08:30 , the next group will leave and so on until everyone has had a chance to have their boats photographed. This should also keep a nice Donzi rumble occurring as the radio program is happening with boats leaving and returning to the docks. This morning is also a show time for your Donzi. Have them looking good as this will be the day that most visitors will be viewing the boats.

12:00pm - We'll do a sandwich lunch to keep things lite in preparation for our later activities. After lunch, a Donzi ride to a location or two on the lake. There are a number of Marinas we could cruise by to show off the boats. We'll get an idea from the attendees on Thursday as to where and what folks would like to check out. The 76 Falls are always a good place to visit especially on the weekends when most people will be at the lake, but trips to parts of the lake where you can spend some seclusion time with new and old friends or that special someone are definitely encouraged.

03:00- ? - Proofs of your pictures taken in the morning will be on display for you to see and purchase if you wish.

06:00pm - We'll hold our closing ceremonies including a nice buffet dinner. Awards will be handed out and the top three poker hands will be awarded along with cash prizes. Poker Hand cards for these prizes will be a $5 entrance fee per hand and should begin to be available to you around 04:30 - 06:00pm .

May 12th, 13th, and 14th - Nothing in the way of set plans are scheduled for these days as from early indications, most attendees will be leaving on Sunday the 12th. These dates were included for those of you traveling long distances and wishing to remain at the lake for a few more scenic days or maybe some testing time on your Donzi. It will be a good time to maybe just get to know a few of the folks staying for the extra days better by planning trips to different places on the lake together.

Please note that all of this schedule is subject to changes, but our fingers and toes are crossed for beautiful weather while we are at Lake Cumberland. Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Kentucky! :)

ToonaFish
04-30-2002, 09:19 PM
Oh Scott, you have truly outdone yourself! Very impressive!

Bunches,

Celene

Formula Jr
05-01-2002, 03:34 AM
Guys, also, please be accepting if someone can't place a name. Its really hard to remember 20 or so new guys in one shot, and then also remember their spouse's names. I know, I was writting stuff down on match books just to try and get it straight. Its not a slight if the name isn't right there. Its just we don't do this every week...................and the handles are differerent from the real name........

Otherwise, you can just call everyone "Scott." :D

mattyboy
05-01-2002, 07:02 AM
now I really feel bad I can't make it :(
Scott you've laid out a great event ,
hope all have safe trips,sunshine and some laughs

Matt

waleyetwo
05-01-2002, 07:27 AM
in 76 falls is the water deep? do we neen long anchor lines to hang out?

Bandit
05-01-2002, 07:57 AM
Waleyetwo,

The water level is high on Cumberland right now. I'm just guessing on where everybody is going to tie up in 76 Falls that a 50' rope should do it. Of course, the longer the better to get a good angle!

GEOO
05-01-2002, 09:11 AM
I think the water is over 100 ft deep!!! GEOO

Crazy Horse
05-01-2002, 09:35 AM
Scott & Beth-
Obviously a lot of thought and time went into these plans. Looks like a ton of fun...
Thanks,
John & Trish

Looped
05-01-2002, 09:42 AM
Waleyetwo,

With Lake Winni being 203’ at the deepest point right off of Rattlesnake Island you should be fine if you have used an anchor in that area to see the APBA races.

Good luck out there Guys!
Craig

Bandit
05-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Most of the lake is well over 100', but I'm not sure around the headwaters at 76 Falls. I always use around 50' rope when I head up there around 4th of July and Labor Day, but the water is lower at that time of yr.

Digger
05-01-2002, 12:23 PM
Scott, what a fantastic itinerary, thanks for all the organizing and prep work! can't wait for the event!

GEOO
05-01-2002, 01:08 PM
Bandit knows better then I. I've only been there once, and didn't anchor. GEOO

RedDog
05-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Who needs an anchor? I'll just tie my little 18 on to Digger :D