PDA

View Full Version : Another Texas Donzi!!

krakmeup
02-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Well we did it! We pulled the trigger! Many of you on the forum may know this boat as the one Al Vickers used to own, a 1976 18' 2+3. We have purchased it and will have it back in Texas by mid-March!

Let's hear it from those Aggies!! She's Maroon and White (Ivory) with 350 SBC and Volvo drive.

Have to go get her - we're doing a whirlwind road trip - to Minnesota, no less!! - in about ten days from now!

Thanks to J wood and wife Denise - looking forward to meeting you in person! I'm sure you'll enjoy your 22'!

This summer's going to be AWESOME!!......

A few pix, courtesy Al!!:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/kkreider_donzi1.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/kkreider_donzi2.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/kkreider_donzi3.jpg

Can't wait! Thanks to all of you for helping, this forum has had a huge impact on my learning curve and appreciation for the Donzi experience. To think it only gets better from here!! :D :D :D :D cool!

ToonaFish
02-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Congratulations!!!!!

Texas will be experiencing it's very own Donzi rush hour soon!

farmer tx
02-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Keith & Ruth Ann,

Congratulations on the 18! Can't wait to see it at PK at the Texas RoundupII or maybe sooner in Houston. Glad to have another Donzi in Texas!!!!!

Mark & Polly

boldts
02-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Wow, It's a Donzi buying frenzy in TX. Congrats and welcome to the family! Quite a posse in TX now. Hope you can join Roadtrip's car-a-van to KY at the end of May. :)

roadtrip se
03-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Very, very cool.

Congratulations Keith and Ruthann!

You're not going to put that beautiful boat in salt are you? EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

We're going to have to do a get together
here in Texas, BEFORE the PK roundup...

Todd

JimG
03-02-2003, 06:54 AM
YAAYY!!!! It's a DONZI PARTY in Texas! :)

Congrats, she's a beauty!

Watch out Redfish! :D

JimG & Janet Marie

krakmeup
03-02-2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes! We are pumped!! Yes Todd, she WILL see some brine!! Oh well - we'll take goooooood care of her for sure.

We are really excited about the potential for get-togethers - have to go look at vacation scheduling!! We definitely want to get to PK very soon, so we'll have to start coordinating once we get her back here and checked out. Heck we might even have to stop at PK to de-winterize her on the way home!!!!!! :D :D

Keith & Ruth Ann

riverrat
03-02-2003, 09:56 AM
looks like a great boat! what a summer we are going to have..

and remember the rat boat is the fastest '18 in the group eek! so we will slow down for ya'll

the rat :D

BigGrizzly
03-02-2003, 10:57 AM
You are going to love it!!!

AVickers
03-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Congratulations!

It's been a few years, but I was ready to make an offer myself... Unfortunately, my wife put her foot down...right on my head! (Oh well. I'm holding out for Rigger's old boat -- Genuine Risk.)

When you trailer my old boat, be sure to insert the spring holder under the foot to hold it up. When you hit a bump, the clutch in the electic lift will drop the foot to allow it to hit the ground -- ask me how I found out that you could rebuild a skeg and prop...

krakmeup
03-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the tip, Al! I'll definitely watch for that! You will have to come be our guest one day for a ride! Can't wait....

Keith

Team Jefe
03-03-2003, 07:33 AM
I go to Louisiana for a week, and suddenly Texas Donzi's are sprouting up everywhere.

And FIGHTIN' TEXAS AGGIE Maroon and White, no less :D ....OUTSTANDING ! ! ! !

Once again, I will ask the Boss Lady for a ride please (I'll try not to miss that trip!?!?!)

We may have to rename Redfish Island to Donzi Cove.

JEFE

RedDog
03-03-2003, 08:29 AM
Krackmeup - great boat. You're gonna love it!

PS - AVickers - That's Genuine Trouble now! And you're gonna have to just keep on holding out :D
http://www.donzi.net/photos/floydt012.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/floydt010.jpg

<small>[ March 03, 2003, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: RedDog ]</small>

AVickers
03-03-2003, 08:34 AM
Bein' a Teasip myself (and on home turf), it was always difficult to ride around Lake Austin in that boat with those Aggie colors...

I would get the "gig 'em" thumbs up from lots of people, but other folks would simply turn away. It might have been the throaty rumble of the exhaust note in the "Green Panther" environment here in Austin, but one could never know for sure -- it could have been that the Longhorns didn't like being invaded by a maroon/white hotrod boat.

The other place it got a lot of attention was in the NE Houston/Lake Conroe area -- although the attention there was always totally positive! (This area is kind of an Aggie homeland...)

In any other context, I think she has an elegant look... Understated, sophisticated and powerful (...not unlike many Aggies I know).

I will say, howerver, that the colors did clash w/ my Longhorn Orange Bevo-profile t-shirt...

rae
03-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone, I also want to thank you for the well wishes. We can't wait to get her home and then start dragging her to different events!!!!

Jefe, you are more than welcome to go for a ride and anyone else for that matter! We wish we would have had it this past Sat. night, even though we would have had to bundle up, as the lake was like glass and there were hardly any boats on it. :)

I've got to go buy lots of warm woolies before we head to the great white north on Sunday!!

Finally, a real Donzi girl,
Rae :cool:

riverrat
03-03-2003, 04:59 PM
hey guys, if you stop at PK get with someone that knows it there are some BIG rocks out there!!!
Really big rocks!!

the rat :D

good luck on the pull back.. Judy & I enjoyed the ride this past weekend big time!! eek!

roadtrip se
03-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Todd reaches up and scratches pointy little head and prepares a response to the rat...

River rat, you must have worked real hard to find a rock to hit at PK. The first 25 miles average between 70-100 feet deep, so where the hell did you hit a frickin' rock?

Of course, if you actually did accomplish this on PK, remind me not to follow you when I come to the coast with the 22...

Todd Somerville
"Ain't nobody gonna slam Possum Kingdom on my watch!"

Digger
03-04-2003, 08:11 AM
congrats guys! enjoy!!

krakmeup
03-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all the support and congrats! We are psyched!! After talking with Al I can't wait to get in the driver's seat (on the left - cool!!) and head out for some good water. The dealer in Minnesota where the boat has been stored has been really terrific in helping me make sure the trailer and boat are ready to roll (Thanks especially go to Tommy at Performance Marine in Spring Park, MN!).

Rae is out shopping for new 'Donzi wear' :D :D and we've got dry stack storage secured so we can drop her in the water with a phone call!

We started talking with Harbormaster and Rat about a first annual Gulf Coast Donzi event, so who knows what we can come up with! Thanks again to the forum - I will be using you lots more in the weeks and months to come as I get to know our new baby.

Keith