PDA

View Full Version : AOTHII and a 34 cent stamp

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-25-2002, 09:55 PM
OK, I made a comment earlier on the AOTHII GATHERING thread and got a couple emails saying good idea.

I would like to see all the AOTHII guys drop just a couple dollars in an envelope and mail it to ScottB. I need not explain, we all know the deal and a few extra duckies might make the setup up of the AOTHII a bit easier for Scott and Beth, and we all reap the rewards.

If you disagree don't hammer me, just an idea.
I have an envelope with his name on it.
Thanks see everyone in KY.
Bryan

Dr. Dan
01-26-2002, 10:04 AM
Bryan, I'm already there, I've spoken to Scott(via email), I will be attending my first AOTH, and I was shocked and surprised to learn that there is no fee to attend this event! I understand the sentiment expressed on that thread, but let's be real, These Things Cost Money to Put Together! I think we all should contribute something reasonable for the cause,For Some that may be $25, $50, or whatever! I enjoy these events and I enjoy all of your company, but I think we can only get so far as a volunteer contribution group. For those that attended Sarasota the cost was $150, and I think the value provided at that event was worth much more than that, anyone there would agree, it was a "Class Operation/Event", it's just my opinion and we all know what that means, but I think the event could be that much better if it had some funding base to work with, be it for AOTH or The MidWest Club! As far as the cost of unrelated operational collateral damage,hey, that's the cost of owning a toy like a boat, ya win some , and ya rebuild some! ... biggrin.gif ..Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-26-2002, 04:36 PM
Doc, I am sure Scott will put whatever he gets to our benifit, I was not on some huge fund drive, I see no one else responded!!!! hhhmmm
I was just thinking if ya got a couple bucks laying around mail it of to Scott, ya know 2 ones in an envelope.
I mailed him $20. But let me say $2 would have been just as important, and that Scott had nothing to do with my post, we email very often and he is aware of my gesture.

I am surprised by the lack of response on this!

Boat is ready for some VA spring weather
(65 degrees).. time to test new toys...
we launch tomorrow a.m.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-26-2002, 08:52 PM
Just bringing this post back to the top...
Bryan

Shanghied Again
01-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Scott gets my pledge he did a great job last year and didn't ask for anything. wink.gif