PDA

View Full Version : 100 hour maitenance, good news/good info

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-17-2003, 02:04 PM
When I had the injector problem repaired the mechanic noticed that one engine mount never had the tabbed washer bent and there was about 1/4 inch gap from the top nut to the mount, they explained to me that whoever installs the engine/drive is responsible for bending the tab.
He added that this is a common problem in 502's anyway, the mount issue. Leads to bad alignment, coupler problems...
Did a search on several BB's and low and behold many 502 owners have seen this bottom nut move causing a gap at the top.

So we had a great weekend in a fixed boat and I took her right back in today for two new motor mounts and the 100 hour alignment service. (could not adjust old mount, it spun in place).

They just called and after pulling the drive all looks fine, coupler, splines etc. Guess I got lucky :) , and had I not had this checked when I did I would be facing a motor pull and coupler by end of season. Plus Z care will check your maitenance records from certified mechanics if a big claim is made.

Lastly, I sucked up this $200 expense vice trying to get Z Care help this time, don't want to push my luck on the nickel dime stuff.

Did I mention the CD player died? LOL
Bryan

Shanghied Again
05-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Whats a CD Player? :D :D Lifes a lot more fun over 60mph

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Frank, do you need "CD player 26ZX" - 101 ???
I know you have one, and a changer.
Last year at the end of every weekend I removed the big storage box (center cuddy) and retrieved our stereo, they colapse backwards ya know! $1.49 SSteel L bracket solved all of my problems... The factory aluminum one was not strong enough.

Life is fun over 60, but when it's just the two of us some Classic Rock is needed...

Bryan

(great call)

Digger
05-20-2003, 05:44 AM
good info there Bryan, thx for sharing that-

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Digger, I thought it was an odd thing too until I read of so many with the issue.
I guess I got lucky.
I pick her up tomorrow. The price was well worth the check in the block for drive alignment and coupler check, grease etc. :)

I spent today with my relief!!!! Life is good!
I will miss the ship, but plan to have a shiney desk and surf allot!
I sure hope retirement suits me well! eek!

See ya soon.
Bryan