PDA

View Full Version : she's ready...

Digger
04-29-2002, 08:35 AM
a little post wash-down sunset-

http://www.donzi.net/photos/mhowardfree.jpg

on a bad note, while I was out this weekend I took a scrape from another boat while he was (attempting to) come alongside, on the starboard side, right where the Donzi logo is. :mad: its about a foot long, half inch wide down to the fiberglass...I won't post a pic of it, it about makes me physically sick to look at it. I will look forward to recommended fixes from you all when I get to AOTH, unless I manage to get it fixed before then, which I doubt.

ToonaFish
04-29-2002, 09:03 AM
In before dark???? Slackard!

He scratched the decal and the gel coat? Ouch. My best suggestion is to send Pearson to extract revenge.

Bunches,

Celene 'still no foals' Howard

mattyboy
04-29-2002, 09:37 AM
looks great Digger,
sorry to hear about the scratch :(
does Norfolk know there missing and aircraft carrier, damn you could hang my 16 on the deck as a tender, or you could get Dalelama to land on the deck at the AOTH :D eek!
I don't know is it me or what I think a solid color not broken by graphics looks alot bigger, nothing against graphics but a solid color looks classy

Matt

Steven Cohn
04-29-2002, 10:19 AM
Digger,
She looks great. I noticed you have no numbers. Therefor, she must be documented?
Steven

boldts
04-29-2002, 10:49 AM
Digger,
What an awesome looking Donzi. Just one favor though. Please don't let my wife anywhere near the cabin of Freedom II as she'll have me not only selling our 22 Classic but the house also to buy and live on a Donzi like yours. Have a safe journey from VA to KY. BTW, I hope you got the insurance agent name and number from the guy who tried to make your boat part of his. :mad: Unbelievable!

Digger
04-29-2002, 10:53 AM
good idea Celene I will ask mr pearson!

Matt, thanks, and I agree, I really like the understated look.

Steven, yes, documented.

Scott, thanks :D the cabin really is fairly liveable. The other guy is a good friend of mine, a novice boater, but still a friend, he is going to pay himself.

Jim
04-29-2002, 11:04 AM
Digger,
The boat looks great, I bet it took all day to get that baby washed and waxed.

Sorry to hear about the scratch, hopefully the white gel coat will make it easier to match. I had some gel coat work done on a 18' I owned and they were able to match the white perfectly.

Good Luck,
I like the lock on the tire, never did trust just locking the tongue.

Jim