PDA

View Full Version : This movie is gona be SWEET

HyperDonzi
05-17-2003, 11:02 AM
Will Smith and the black guy from Blue Streak, doing a action cop movie, saw the preview, saw a nice silver 360Modena, a blue and white 28zx (maybe 26zx) And a 38zr. Looks like a anti drug smuggling movie, trying to catch the bad guys, in the Aronow boats :D :D :D

Tommy

Magic Float
05-17-2003, 11:20 AM
Where is the link to the preview?

1996Z15
05-17-2003, 12:00 PM
I saw the preview too; looks cool but the Ferrari was a 550 Maranello not a 360 Modena.

G - FORCE 88
05-17-2003, 04:13 PM
That movie your talking about is the sequel to Bad Boys. Filmed here in miami. The movie you saw previews is called......who would guess....BAD BOYS 2.
I BELIEVE THE BOAT IN THE CHASE IS A DONZI 38 ZR!!!!!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/badboysii/

official site

jon

HyperDonzi
05-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Thats the problem with Ohio, not enough Ferraris here.

The chase boat has to be a 38ZR, and theres a 28ZX in there too!!

BUIZILLA
05-17-2003, 06:42 PM
My oldest daughter, Jaclyn, had direct stand-in non speaking spots for ALL the Ocean Drive shots in the Boyz 2 flic. I think about a dozen scenes..

J

boldts
05-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Looks like a good action flick, but there is something about a Donzi ZX falling off it's trailer, laying in the middle of the road and getting hit, blown up, destroyed that just doesn't sit well with a Donzi owner. Not to memtion, the 38ZR has a helicoptor chasing and shooting at it. Why couldn't they put a clip of the ZR chasing down another makers boat and the good guys doing the shooting. :D

HyperDonzi
05-18-2003, 05:51 PM
I think they should chase down something like a Fountain, Every now and then we need to see one of those pesky fountains get owned!!

gjohns6896
05-18-2003, 07:19 PM
It MIGHT even be a BAJA.

:D :cool:

Hotboat
05-18-2003, 08:27 PM
When is the movie scheduled to hit the local theaters?

oldLenny
01-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Bad Boys II...

I rented this movie (girlfriend did). I had not read this post or at least don't ever remember reading it. Yes, I was watching it and went (like an idiot) "there's a DONZI", that was the one on the Interstate getting totalled on a trailer, and then in the near end chopper/boat chase, I said "that looks like a ZR!!!" (again, like an idiot) Yep, it was.

Who was the throttleman and driver?

Great flick, tons of action, great cars, sick, mean spirited humour (my favorite). Fun to watch...

Fish boy
01-23-2004, 05:49 AM
think it was ted (hp600sc) but not sure.

DonziMon
01-23-2004, 10:13 AM
HyperDonzi, check out Mid-Ohio racetrack, especially the vintage races or Ferrari club events. Last time I was there I saw a F-40 on the highway outside of Columbus. My old Mondial is around there too.

Fish boy
01-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Speaking of (well sort of), anyone been to the Portofino hotel in Orlando Lately? Just there over the holidays. Beautiful re-creation of the italian port of Portofino, with little italian scooters, fiats, alfa romeros, old wooden boats,... everything to give it an authentic italian feel. Guess what else is there...

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jstaples119.jpg

Barry Phillips
01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
In Bad Boys 2, they wrecked a ZX, not sure of the size in a highway chase seen and used what looked to be a grayed out 33 ZX in the ship to shore drug pickups. The star Donzi was used in a helicopter chase of a red and white 38ZR toward the end. They shot the motors out in the story. If you did know what a Donzi was this film did not tell you. I did not see a Donzi logo anywhere in close up. From a marketing point of view Donzi got very little mileage out it.

Verdugo
01-24-2004, 09:33 PM
In the begining, the car chase on the bridge:

Has anyone got a clue to the lenght of the blue & white ZX they smashed on the bridge.

What a dam shame

Lowenski:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last Tango
01-25-2004, 01:32 PM
:cool:
Fish Boy,
Actually... as many will attest, that Donzi was actually the FIRST boat in the bay at the Portofino. The wooden boats were actually added since the last time I was there. When the Portofino was first built, Donzi made a big deal about their affilliation with the movie studio that owns the whole operation around there including the theme park across the street.
The VERY FIRST Donzi factory sponsored owners gathering was held there just four years ago (has it been that long already?). Donzi underwrote the whole event for the entrants: meals, theme park tickets, concert tickets, and as long as you stayed close to Steve Simon and Mike Miller, just about all the liquor you could drink, since they were putting everything on the company tab. There was a Donzi posing in the Portofino bay, and two more docked in the lakes across the street. Owners trailered their Donzi's to the event and parked them in the piazza along the quay. Quite a beautiful show. No owners Donzi's entered any water at that event. Such has not been the case at any event since.

Shanghied Again
01-25-2004, 04:32 PM
That was a 1999 28ZX twin 350s, The boat in the beginning was a 38ZX and the Goast Guard shot a 38ZR

Shanghied Again
01-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Hey how did I get Geos Avatar?

boxy
01-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Check out the car chase scene again, after the boat gets sideways there is a shot from behind, and the engine and outdrive is spinning down the road. Also in the bonus features section they show how they ran the car through the hull, and it looks like an empty grey shell once it is flattened...

Fish boy
01-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Tango,
thanks for the info, I did see a lot of other donzi's thorughout the theme pary (universal) but was out of film. Great to see representaion like this of the donzi name.

fish

Speed-Racer
01-27-2004, 06:59 AM
lol...nice avitar fish-boy. Yeah that Portofino boat has been there forever....I think it's time for a new DONZI to be put in.

All these movies with DONZI's in um....