PDA

View Full Version : Waleye's X-18 Blackhawk...

Woodsy
04-28-2002, 09:41 PM
Sorry PonyBoy, but I just had to post... After a year a ribbing you about your "alleged X-18 Blackhawk", you finally delivered on saturday. Thanks for the AMAZING ride on up Meridith Bay & over to Weirs!! WOW! That boat really rocks. It certainly did everything you said it would. That rooster tail was INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to take her for a spin myself. Now of course I will have to start getting my pieces together a little quicker!!

Woodsy :D :D

Scott Pearson
04-29-2002, 04:49 AM
I still dont believe he has a boat....He must have gotten to you like some others that claim he has a boat. What did Steve pay you? If it enuff I will say anything he wants me to.

(NJ)Scott

waleyetwo
04-29-2002, 02:13 PM
i had to pay out big time scott.

Woodsy
04-29-2002, 08:21 PM
Scott... don't worry... he didn't pay me less than you did... actually... I took Steve to the cleaners. I get to drive the boat at least once!
When are you guys heading south to AOTH?

Woodsy :D :D

Scott Pearson
04-30-2002, 04:32 AM
Leaving Wed. night around 9:00 or so. Cant wait!

(NJ)Scott

Crazy Horse
04-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Pony Boy, Glad to hear that you got the X18 splashed. I went to Winni yesterday and went for a cold/fast ride. It was 37 degrees out and raining and I was WOT. Just me and some ducks. Coooold. Trailered the boat to Medfield. Next stop AOTH!

Digger
04-30-2002, 02:59 PM
John, just curious, how's the Winni lake level coming along?

waleyetwo
04-30-2002, 03:53 PM
AOTH here we come.digger the water is good just shy of last year but it's going to rain the next two days and we will be over they are not letting water out right now.horseman we have to talk about the trip.

GEOO
04-30-2002, 04:24 PM
Waleyetwo,
I'm need a ride in your X-18 too. It must be nice to have a surface drive and reverse!!! GEOO

waleyetwo
05-01-2002, 07:31 AM
we geoo its going but not ready yet i don't have time to do the exhaust or the rocker plates :( but it will be there :) do you now eneything about those arneson rocker plates?

GEOO
05-01-2002, 07:43 AM
Rocker plates will help create bow lift. You can Test your boat to see how more bow lift will help.
Run your boat with 1/4 tank of fuel, driver only and add one or two sand bags or lead weight in the back of the bilge. Make sure the bilge in the bow is dry, no water and no extra weight up in the bow,( ie. anchor, line wet life jackets, cooler) This will move the CG back and create more bow lift. The boat will not like to run slow but you're just testing the WOT effect on the bow.
GEOO