PDA

View Full Version : looking for 22'

TORYSMINX
09-12-2001, 03:15 PM
I think I am looking for a 22'project over the winter and I was wondering if any of you know of a 22' between the years of 1985-88 94-present that is for sale? I would like to keep it under 15k but i know that it may be a prayer. When I mean under 15k that is for the ones pre-1989.

I have looked on trader, abl and fwboats.com with no luck. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Tory

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-12-2001, 04:08 PM
Tory, check your email, here is a 22 for sale locally here in VA.
Bryan

TORYSMINX
09-12-2001, 05:48 PM
Thanks Bryan

The thing that i am trying to avoid is the OMC setup. I am looking for ideally is a 22 with either an alpha or a bravo. I have this killer small block in the minx right now and i think i am going to run out of hull length. Bravo would be nice but it is short money that I want to pay for a classic.

I like the idea of the years of 85-87.

Thanks for all the great help with my posts

Tory

Dr. Dan
09-12-2001, 10:41 PM
Tory, check out www.jacksonmarinesales.com (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com) , they had a solid teal 22 Classic, I believe it was a 1990, for roughly $14k, it had a 460 Ford in it,a not so great looking "cobra" drive(not a King Cobra), the hull looked to be in good shape...but hey it's a project right?...Good Luck, I might have some pics if you're interested. Givem a call at 410-287-9400, let me know...Doc ;)

jdsdls
09-13-2001, 08:29 AM
In local paper 21' DONZI CLASSIC, 1987, 20 hours on new motor & manifolds, 270HP, new shifter, bilge pump, batt, everything works, trim tabs, stereo, VDO gauges, thru hull exh, SS prop, 96 alum trailer, $9500. (860) 349-2411 (4X) jdnswanson@aol.com. Durham

TORYSMINX
09-13-2001, 08:57 AM
that 21' is the same one that I have now but thanks. 85-87 is ideal Thanks everyone

Woodsy
09-13-2001, 09:53 PM
Hey Tory...

You been listening to that Sykes character?? He owns a Criterion with an outdated Feulie system that doesn't run! What does he know?? Just kidding Bob! I would not worry about running out of hull, the difference between your 20' Minx (BTW we saw a gorgeous red one up at Lake George) and a 22 Classic is negligible. I was holding the radar gun when GEOO went 95.2mph in an X-18! You will not run out of hull, but you might want to get a set of tabs if you don't have them already. You need to get yourself a Bravo 1 and a new Bravo gimbal. they are pretty reasonable on e-bay, probably about 5K for the setup, but you can offset that by selling your Alpha setup. An Alpha to Bravo conversion is pretty easy, and I am sure the guru's on this board will be able to point you in the right direction. BTW, I would keep the Minx as I think they look sharp and there are not alot of them out there!

Woodsy

TORYSMINX
09-13-2001, 10:12 PM
woodsy:

That sykes dude is down at my house every weekend at cocktail time drinking my beer and talking about his setup that ran twice awesome. Just kidding BOB, anyways I think we should try to make a last season run up at winni. I want to see what this thing will do wide open and winni looks like the place.

I will tell you Bob's boat looks great but I think he should just throw a carb setup and go from there. whats going on with your rig? I heard through the grapevine like a whipple or something? If you want to build that 454 I have a guy in mind for you. I think your ride is fine and I may just through a set of stainless exhuast on it and go from there. That is just a possibilty.
Shoot me an email soon about a winni get together

Tory