PDA

View Full Version : New Minx owner w/many questions

1996Z15
05-16-2003, 11:00 AM
I just bought a MInx about a week ago and I have a few questions I hope someone can answer:

1) If anyone uses their Minx to waterski from how do you get back into the boat? I am afraid to use a ladder on the side and run the risk of damage to the windshield and I refuse to mount any type of swim platform on the back.

2) My boat has cleats on the sides for mooring ropes but in the model list the Minx pictured does not. Should my boat have these cleats or did a previous owner install them?

Tim Morris
05-16-2003, 11:57 AM
I don't use my Minx for waterski, but very often will swim from it in deeper water. Simple, climb up the outdrive - it's a natural step from the cavitation plate, and the lift ring provides a hold to pull yourself up. The ladies have no trouble with it. Just mind the prop edge, not so much with a Mirage, but a cleaver can be a little dangerous.

There are no cleats on the Minx as manufactured. I, too installed small ones for bumpers - you need 'em.

Ranman
05-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Yup. I agree. To enter a Donzi Classic from deep water I do the following: Straddle the drive with the cav plate between my legs. grab the ski-tow eye and place one foot on the cavitation plate where you were sitting, then use the top cap of the drive as the next step while pulling yourself in. It's a snap once you figure it out. Watch the prop though and NEVER do it with the boat running.

Silver Streak
05-16-2003, 01:16 PM
Even if you're wearing kevlar shorts?

:D :D :D

Rick

1996Z15
05-16-2003, 01:44 PM
Is this site the greatest or what? Thanks guys.

Don Carone
05-16-2003, 08:13 PM
I use a 1 inch soft rope with knots every foot tied to the back ring and climb up the outdrive it works pretty good