PDA

View Full Version : 2003 22' Classic

Classic Robb
02-25-2003, 12:01 PM
I am awaiting delivery of my new 22 classic. Should be delivered at the end of March or early April. The boat I chose is white with the navy stripes. Motor package is 496 mag and every other option that was available to order. Did a sea trail on similar boat that had the 496 mag HO. Was very impressed with the speed and ride. I used this web site to help myself become more educated about the classic series.

harbormaster
02-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Robb,

Remember,
Do not take delivery of any new boat if there is ANYTHING wrong with it. No matter how small.

Require the dealer/manufacturer to repair all problems before you take delivery. I would even have a surveyer go over it.

If you take delivery when it has problems, it could cost you a lot of time and heartache to get it repaired later.

If you doubt this just ask others who learned the hard way.

hottub
02-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Congratulations!

Just wondering......Why did you go with the 496 Mag vs the Mag HO? Did you test the 496 as well? What kind of lead time till delivery from order?

boldts
02-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Congrats Robb! I have to admit I love your color combo on the order. I own a 98 22' Classic that is blue and white. Where do you plan to run your Classic?

McGary911
02-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Beautiful boat! I was drooling over one at the AC show about a month ago. Exact same boat! Nice Gaffrig monster instruments in platnium, liquid filled tach and speedo. Good luck with her!

Fish boy
02-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Hi Classic Robb,
welcome to the site and congratulations on your new addiction.

Fish

Classic Robb
02-25-2003, 02:57 PM
boldts:
Congrats Robb! I have to admit I love your color combo on the order. I own a 98 22' Classic that is blue and white. Where do you plan to run your Classic?

Classic Robb
02-25-2003, 09:59 PM
boldts:
Congrats Robb! I have to admit I love your color combo on the order. I own a 98 22' Classic that is blue and white. Where do you plan to run your Classic?I will use the the boat at Grand Lake, Lake of the Ozarks and Beaver Lake.

Classic Robb
02-25-2003, 10:02 PM
hottub:
Congratulations!

Just wondering......Why did you go with the 496 Mag vs the Mag HO? Did you test the 496 as well? What kind of lead time till delivery from order?I opted for the 496 mag over the HO for financial reasons. The price between the two was enough to purchase a boat that only runs 67-70 mph!!

Wildfire
02-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Classic Robb - the first thing you should do is email Wildfire and take him for a ride.

We live out by XNA and have a Magnum 25. Great to see another NWArkansawyer. There are a few of us around.

Classic Robb
02-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Wildfire:
Classic Robb - the first thing you should do is email Wildfire and take him for a ride.

We live out by XNA and have a Magnum 25. Great to see another NWArkansawyer. There are a few of us around.Moved to NWA about 8 months ago from LA. I am surprised there are people around here that know of Donzi. Most of the boats seem to be bass boats.

Classic Robb
02-25-2003, 10:09 PM
Wildfire:

We live out by XNA and have a Magnum 25. Great to see another NWArkansawyer. There are a few of us around.Moved to NWA about 8 months ago from LA. I am surprised there are people around here that know of Donzi. Most of the boats seem to be bass boats.

Wildfire
02-25-2003, 10:14 PM
If that is LA means Louisiana, my wife is from New Orleans. If it means California, welcome to sanity (from what I hear). I've been here almost 9 years now and the area really grows on you.

And you are definitely right about the bass boats. Just don't throw big wakes at them while their fishing and you'll be fine.

BTW, I don't work for WalMart or a vendor, but my wife does. You've probably said that or heard it a million times by now!

Rodger
02-26-2003, 08:29 AM
I used to take my 16' Donzi to Lake of the Ozarks, Table rock, and Beaver Lake back in 1980 - 1986. The people there looked at my Donzi like it was some sort of spaceship.

DocDonzi
03-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Hey Robb

We live on Beaver Lake near Hickory Creek Marina.
Our 22 classic (blue with a white stripe down the side) is a 1996. We just ordered exhaust from Stainless Marine and are waiting for the manifolds to arrive. Can't to wait to install them and measure to have the risers made once Fedex gets here today. Talk to you soon.
The Emersons
Classic Razorback

Barry Phillips
03-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Classic Rob, congraduations! What was the indcated speed on the 496 HO you demoed? Was it running Quick & Quite plus, how did it sound? I'm currious why did not buy the demo.

SO-SLO

Classic Robb
03-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Barry Phillips:
Classic Rob, congraduations! What was the indcated speed on the 496 HO you demoed? Was it running Quick & Quite plus, how did it sound? I'm currious why did not buy the demo.

SO-SLO

Classic Robb
03-07-2003, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Classic Robb:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Barry Phillips:
[qb] Classic Rob, congraduations! What was the indcated speed on the 496 HO you demoed? Was it running Quick & Quite plus, how did it sound? I'm currious why did not buy the demo.

If I remember correctly the boat ran in the low 60's @ around 4000 rpm. The boat did have the quick & quite exhaust and when running thru the transom it had an awsome rumble to it. The reason I did not purchase the HO was because the price difference did not justify the extra 2-3 mph gained with the HO. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

morgan
03-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Nice boat.