PDA

View Full Version : season prep timeline/update

Digger
05-15-2003, 05:53 AM
I've got a bunch of stuff going on mostly work related that keeps me on the run alot, haven't kept up with the board as much as I like, but here is an update.
--motors are about done. when we broke them open is was not pretty. corrosion on cylinder walls and heads. we have rebored/replaced pistons etc etc etc I will save til later the full discussion and post pics. for the time being I'm glad SM manifolds are going on the motors.
--we matched he Imron and the cosmetic work is about done.
--trailer rehab is about complete. it didn't really need anything...but it got new bearings/spindles all around anyway. cheap insurance.
--plan on heading up to NH to pick up the boat on or about 26 May. turn around for AOTH, 29-31.
--back to work 3 Jun, check out of HMX end of that week. pack up household goods/ship. check in to new command in NORFOLK VA 16 June. looking for a house down there presently. very excited about the move. will be sad to leave this job, but it will be nice to have a semblance of a personal life again. I will be giggling like a little kid when I get to turn in my pager, which has been on me 24/7 for 4 yrs.
--I will take leave in July. Should be able to make 1k islands still, as well as Winni Poker run. Followed shortly by HRPA event eary August.

--looking forward to a great Summer!

ToonaFish
05-15-2003, 06:03 AM
Um, was that all the news?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/o4.gif

MOP
05-15-2003, 06:55 AM
Congrats! Toona dosen't miss a trick!

boldts
05-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Lookin good Digger! (You'll be soundin good also.) You have a lot going on indeed!

I kept it a little simpler than you. Installed a depth gauge for our shallow inland lakes.

Went over the trailer by repacking bearings and properly inflating tires including spare.

Last, besides from the usual clean-up and polishing after the winter's nap, I had a Hydromotive nose cone added to my Bravo 1. Got to test run her this week and the cone added 1.1 MPH to the top end along with an additional 300 RPMs to the engine. I'll be talking to Turbo at AOTH III about trying a 23" pitch prop and maybe a 4 blade just for kicks. Currently, with a stock 454MAG, and 1.36:1 drive, speed was at 68.7 last year. This year with only the addition of the nose cone, speed is at 69.8. I have a couple other little things to try to get that last .2 MPH along with more prop pitch.

I am so ready for a vacation from the real job and can't wait for AOTH III to arrive! We're getting real close. Heading up to our Pre-AOTH gathering on Lake StClair in Michigan this Saturday if the rain goes away. Hoping to also do the 1000 Islands gathering and a trip to the East coast in August. Throw in a few trips to Lake Erie and the offshore race in Cincinnati. Going to be a busy summer. Dollars are tight as is the case with many, but you only live once and you have got to take time for family, friends and enjoy the days you have. :)

Digger
05-15-2003, 03:32 PM
yeah, that too. :D June 6th. thanks wink

Scott, sounds great! see you soon-