PDA

View Full Version : I had to spend my entire donzi fund.

McGary911
02-24-2003, 10:23 PM
But at least i spent it on a crazy nice CRITERION :D :D :D :D :D :D

I would post more, but i just got back from a crazy long round trip to maine and back, which included an unplanned overnight stay in Worcester, Mass.(pronounced Wooster, so i learned) in which we were the only guys who ever replaced all the wheel bearings on a tandem trailer in the parking lot of the Hampton Inn....needless to say, im exhausted.......and have to work in the morning....Cant seem to stop smiling tho.....i took a few pics......ill post them soon enough....as you can imagine, i may have a question for the board in the coming months, especially for the other criterion owners.....Goodnight all.........

ToonaFish
02-24-2003, 10:46 PM
THE CRITERION??????

You got THE CRITERION?????

Man, when you finally jump in, you go ALL the way!

Great congratulations and I'm just eaten up with envy... and so very glad she stayed in the family!

Bunches,

Celene 'you need a new tag now'

tailwind
02-24-2003, 10:48 PM
You got "Bobs" boat didnt you. What a treasure!

Please display more photos when able, I bet youre a very proud Donzi owner now!

Randy

Fish boy
02-25-2003, 05:20 AM
Congrats, I am very happy for you. The Criterion is an awesome boat, and I am sure you will have a great time with her.

Fish

PS, not to be redundant, but please post some pics when you get a chance

Tomahawk
02-25-2003, 05:29 AM
Congratulations McGary! That is a rare and beautiful boat that I seriously considered as well. Sorry about the bearing ordeal. Should be ready for a trip to AOTH III now. Please bring that beauty to Lake Cumberland in May so a bunch of us can take a look. Like Celene, I'm glad it went to someone who will appreciate it's heritage. Happy Donzi boating!

BUIZILLA
02-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Good score...

DON N.
02-25-2003, 07:37 AM
EXCELLENT BUY !!!

krakmeup
02-25-2003, 08:14 AM
Way to go!!! Congrats!

I smiled at your story of the wheel bearings - I can relate!! Wheel bearing grease gets cold in a hurry!

"Wooster" is always a challenge to non Mass folks! (Try Haverhill - pronounced Havrill!!)

Hope to see your 'new' baby at an outing one day!!!

Keith

olredalert
02-25-2003, 09:14 AM
------Congratulations on an astute purchase.You now have something that will give you limitless fun and pride.On the off chance it ever becomes necessary to sell you will probably realize a profit.At the very least you will own a boat that didnt go down in value.Not something you can say about many other boats.................ol red.....Bill S

ITTLFLI
02-25-2003, 09:16 AM
CONGRATS!

I feel your pain! My brother and I drove 12 hours from Cincinnati to CT to buy a 22. The guy said he had just redone the bearings. They sounded aweful so we did a bearing job in the parking lot of Kmart!! Glad we did to! they were nasty. Towed home 75-90mph without even getting warm!!

Formula Jr
02-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Excellent buy McGary! These really were the flag ships of Donzi during the Chisholm era.

harbormaster
02-25-2003, 10:37 AM
That was a very smart buy. I am envious...

Digger
02-25-2003, 11:09 AM
well done! Enjoy!

Eugene Nahemow
02-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Congratulations!

You have bought an awesome boat.
I think you'll be smiling for a long time to come. :D

KMLFAMILY
02-25-2003, 06:28 PM
I wish i had known you were coming up.I would have been glad to help you out with anything.(I was close by)I mentioned this in a previous Criterion post.Congratulations on your new toy !
Ken

TORYSMINX
02-25-2003, 08:04 PM
I knew you would be happy with Bob's(now your) boat.. I have been in it a few times and it really moves out..There are a few more mph with some prop tweaking!.. Good luck

Bad-Tat
02-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Spent all your funds??? That's not good!
You got a super looking boat that will give you miles of smiles! You'd better bring it to AOTH so we can put it next to Big Grizz's blue one! Course without any more funds better not try and keep up with him!

boldts
02-25-2003, 09:58 PM
McGary - Congratulations on the purchase of your new Criterion! I got to ride in Randy's blue and white Criterion last summer and it was soooooo cool! I had my eyes on one of those a couple years back, but just didn't have the dollars at the time. If not at AOTH III, I hope to meet you and see your Donzi at the Thunder on the Bay gathering in MD later this summer.

smoothie
02-25-2003, 10:07 PM
Congrats,
what a fine boat! and in show boy condition all the way around.....all you have to do now is wait for spring :D two more months and counting......

Ed Donnelly
02-26-2003, 12:07 AM
You got a deal on a beautiful Donzi. Feel free to ask away. Anything I can't answer, I know the Big Grizz will be able to.. Ed Donnelly

BUIZILLA
02-26-2003, 07:55 AM
In remorse this morning...

J

McGary911
02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes! I'm really going to try to make it to at least 1 gathering this year and put some faces on some screen names for sure.
As for the boat, it is in better shape than i thought. Lots of new\reconditioned parts. Bob obviously took great care of it. The only other criterion i'd ever seen was a bit ratty, and had shrink wrap on it. With the further back helm and windshield, I tell you, the bow seems to go on forever....looks like 24' not the 22'7" that it is (yeah, i measured it). Ill have to track down a wiring problem or 2, but nothing major at all. Thanks in advance for everyones help, and Ed and Big Griz, I'll probably have some criterion specific Q's for you in the future. Imagine getting 3 criterions together at a single gathering! That would be mighty!

Dont know what I'm gonna name it, or if it even needs one, but my big boat is called Cirrhosis of the River, and ive already promised myself that this one will NOT be named "A Little Cirrhosis of the River" as more than 1 friend suggested. :rolleyes:

I dont have any good pics yet, but here are a couple i snapped during wheel bearing surgery in the hotel parking lot.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jmcgary38.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/jmcgary39.jpg

Shanghied Again
02-26-2003, 12:39 PM
Welcome to the Donzi world, You bought the perfect boat. I love that boat.. The best of luck. When we have that get to know your Donzi dealer day you have to bring her over
The best of luck :D

olredalert
02-26-2003, 05:56 PM
--------You just never know,there might be more than three at one meet as soon as this summer.Dont ask,I dont want to jinx anything!!!!!!!!!...........ol red!........Bill S

KRAVEN
02-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Beautiful boat, you will enjoy her! Hope to see you at one of the outings.

Dr. Dan
02-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Mac...Congrats! :cool: Just as a reminder, and you can check on the Events Calender:

Spring DustOff June 13,14
1000 Islands July 10,11,12,13
Winni Poker Run July 26
Thunder On The Bay August 8,9
Lake George Picnic Sept 6

These Events are all within 1/2 days drive, with the exception of 1000 Isles...
It would be great to see your Toy at one of or all of these!
Good Luck............ :D .........Doc

BigGrizzly
02-27-2003, 12:22 AM
Looks great any question feel free to ask. Looks like he changed the switches in the photos, thats a good thing the origional switches are multipoled and cost $65 each and only use half the funtions except the running lights. I really like mine.n It was the boat I wanted but never knew it untill I got it. I have tried almost every prop known on the beast and can tell you what works and what doesn't. BTW that trans and out drive combo is great -put it in gear and the boat moves, no grinding or clanking, Best of luck it truley is a real classic !