PDA

View Full Version : If you don't have a cherry picker.........

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 08:09 AM
When I first began to bring my classic back from the dead I didnt have a cherry picker to lift the old engine out.
So I improvised.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/donzi.jpg
I had 3 351w blocks on those back 4x4's for weight.
the weight of the blocks werenot enough so I rapped some rope around the wood and then the frame, then back to the wood.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/acfb4.jpg
notice the old hood scoop on the hatch

She had A LOT of chalk on her!

GeneD
09-12-2001, 09:43 AM
I do beleive that in a past life you were once an Egyptian engineer.

boxy
09-12-2001, 10:03 AM
Once you had the engine block chained, did you lower the boat to lift it, or were you able to make your boom rise....

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 10:11 AM
I think I was egyptian in a past life.........I think I helped build the pyramids, umm yeah thats it!
no wonder no one knows how we put the pyramids up. :p

boxy, I had a cum-along.
BUT the cumalong did not lift it enough.

do you see the 2 blocks of wood that is holding the "arm" up?
well I had to put another jack there and I jacked up the "arm" about 6 inches more.

then I pushed the boat down while my father lifted the front of the trailer, and then shoved the boat out of the way.

It was crazy, but it worked.! :D

Classic Razorback
09-12-2001, 10:33 AM
And people call me a Hick!
Hicks let the air out of their trailer tires (or at least I did) :D :D :D
Where theres a will theres a way... eh!
chris

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 10:44 AM
awww shucks classhick, want to go crabbin wit me down der on da criick? :p

Gearhead99
09-12-2001, 08:33 PM
Being in the repair business, those are some ROUGH pics. Not knocking them, just ROUGH.

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 08:53 PM
what do you mean by rough?
the picture quality or the way I got the engine out?

what do you want from someone with $5000 in there pocket for the boat and not a penny more?

GEOO
09-12-2001, 09:09 PM
Necessity is the Mother of invention?? ;) GEOO
;)

Moody Blu'
09-12-2001, 09:37 PM
Thanks geo!! :D :D
your sure know how to cheer a guy up! :D :D

CrackerJack
09-13-2001, 09:40 AM
Now that is a Classic picture. Thanks for a little humor. You are one determined
guy!! Jack

Ted S
09-13-2001, 10:51 AM
Broque,
I'm curious, why did'nt you rent a picker from Taylor Rent All on Bay Ave.? It's probably about a mile from Mill Creek. :confused:
Ted

Moody Blu'
09-13-2001, 02:14 PM
All I had was $5000, I wasnt even sure if the engine was going to come out once i tried to lift it out.
I didnt want to waste any money.

I heard people say that I was going to have to take the drive off to get the engine out.
So I didnt want to rent a picker just incase those myths were true.

obviously those myths were falacies.

I got a monster cherry picker from my freind when I put the engine in!

beleive me when I was done throwing the engine in and buying all sorts of little tid bits I was broke!
If I rented a cherry picker I probably wouldnt of been able to by the oil pick up tube that I needed for the engine!

Voodoocanoe
09-13-2001, 05:07 PM
skyblue, I gave you some stars, because that was a HARDCORE engine swap, If there is a will there is a way, determination will always succeed and you did it, way to go bro.

Moody Blu'
09-13-2001, 08:48 PM
Wow! you are all too kind.I really appreciate it.

Voodoo thanks for the stars!

As you could see I have A LOT of votes and they are all LOW.(27votes?)

If you look at another members "rate member" it's usually like 1 or 2 votes, and there all 5 star votes.

Talk about workin to get my stars!

I hope when I post the gauge pics and hood scoop pics Ill go up to three stars :D

No one care about the stars, but It seems I have to work for them, I have no problem doing that!Its fun for me! :D

Now that the AC race is cancelled I wont be able to show the upgrades I have done.

FRANK!!!!!!
HELP!!!!