PDA

View Full Version : I may be stepping on toes here-----------

BabyDonzi
05-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Let me get right to the point-------
Donzi's, Donzi's everywhere here in S Florida.
Went out for the first time in 4 months last weekend and saw more than 4 Donzis that I have not seen before. I know (think) that the sea dogs are the south florida Donzi club? I cant find a website, no gatherings or events? Somebody please respond if I am missing something here?
You know where I'm going with this-------------

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-14-2003, 09:19 PM
My comment would be take charge and form a club!
Don't sit and wait like most...

Or are you saying Donzi's are like ex-wives and Camaro's, everyone has one, in Fla. that is? Kidding, of course....

Cool homepage, nice looking Donzi :) , the pop up add is a killer though...
Bryan

BabyDonzi
05-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey Brian, I can vouch for the camaro!
The South Florida Donzi club will be here in an instant! Like I said, I've heard of the seadogs, do a search and all I find is a basketball club??????

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-14-2003, 09:27 PM
Poodle or Ted will have a straight answer for you I am sure.
Best of luck...
Bryan

(see above after my edit)

Fish boy
05-14-2003, 09:31 PM
Gotta tell ya, that is a really good point. I was out last weekend in pinellas county and saw two (a 26 fish and 18 classic) donzi's that I did not recognize.

I would be willing to bet that one of, if not the largest concentrations of Donzi's is here in Fla, but we are getting stomped by them yankees wink when it comes to organizing and web representation. Hey Supreme Seadog, what gives??

BabyDonzi
05-14-2003, 09:32 PM
The website was a freebie that Las threw up for me. Between the two of us we have some major website experience. The South Florida Donzi Club will have a killer site!
And Baby thanks you for the compliment! We'll see you in A Bay! In for the long haul-------

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Amen on the long haul... Ours is a round about trip, in fact I updated on the "gatherings" post/thread today.
Be safe and we look forward to meeting you and Baby in person.
Bryan

BabyDonzi
05-14-2003, 09:37 PM
FishBoy, I agree! There are probably more Donzi's concentrated here than anywhere, remember, they are born and raised here! Our club could actually be sponsored by Donzi? Now there's a novel idea---------------

BabyDonzi
05-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Just a sample?

http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006308#000000

boldts
05-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Michael, You all are lucky down there in FL. Warm weather year round and numerous Donzi boats on the waterways. The Midwest Donzi Club was formed when a couple board members I met here wanted to go to Lake Cumberland for a long weekend. I said, "Why not invite every Donzi owner in the whole USA?"

Thus began the club and our annual Donzi gathering called the "Awakening of the Horses" I dabble in website work myself and started by creating a freebie site at GeoCities. I later got my own domain name and the site is hosted for me by someone I work with for a reduced cost. I haven't changed much as far as the site design. Have been adding new members pretty regularly though. All of the club business is done in my spare time. The gathering itself is pulled together along with help from a few other board members. They have to always remind me to keep it simple. I have for the last 3 years designed a gathering t-shirt and have a company here in Columbus, OH doing the printing for me. The gathering is gradually acquiring more and more sponsor help. Weird thing is, this year no Donzi dealer involvement and now that Mike Miller is no longer with Donzi, doesn't appear there will be any AMH participation either.

Anyway, I went 16 years of owning a Donzi 18' Classic and almost never saw another Donzi on the inland lakes here in Columbus, OH. Only time I did see one was when I traveled to Lake Erie to work as an APBA support boat at local offshore races.

Long story short, Pick a date, (With all the other Donzi gatherings and poker runs, it will be difficult to not conflict with something else, but do your best.) You've already got a club name and you've already got website design talent. Announce the date and a planned agenda even if it is just to run from point A to point B and back. Donzi owners are by far some of the best friends I've ever met! They all love Donzi boats no matter which Donzi model they own. You may not see the same owners every gathering you hold, but the relationships that are created will never be forgotten. :)

ToonaFish
05-15-2003, 05:50 AM
Seadogdom is kind of a laid back, Keys, Margyville, when the mojo is right club... BTW, I just got my tshirt from last August's Eufala (the oldest Donzi event, or maybe second to Lake George?) - great job guys; for a group with the wierdest rules and regulations and least organization of any club I've ever joined, you put together a pretty nifty package!

Bunches,

Celene 'we even have a Mission Statement (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000046;p=1) !'

harbormaster
05-15-2003, 05:27 PM
I can start hosting Donzi clubs for free. Contact me for details if interested.

BabyDonzi
05-16-2003, 04:48 PM
To many Donzi's lurking in the West Palm, Stuart, Lake Worth,Wellington, Lauderdale area to let this thing go!
The South Florida Donzi Club has been born------------------details to follow!

Scot, I sent you an e-mail

BabyDonzi
05-16-2003, 05:30 PM
FishBoy, goodpoint! It's just a name, right! I guess I got it because Florida is such a big state that they define everything as north and south, you know, South Florida Fair, etc.
How about this? Sunshine State Donzi Club? Or how about simply the South East Donzi Club,(playing of course on Scotts NE Donzi Club)?

Nothing in stone, all imput is appreciated! Let's get this thing off the ground!
I've just e-mailed 5 other Donzi owners that are here locally to get their imput also!

BabyDonzi
05-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Sorry Scott! I meant MW of course!

RedDog
05-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Speaking of SEADOGS, what has happened to "Last Tango," I haven't seen a post from him since I don't know when?

RedDog
05-16-2003, 06:50 PM
And speaking of a club to track Donzi events and gatherings, why not just use this web site? Seems that way all us Donzi owners would be able to stay imformed a lot easier than looking on all of the various sites. MWDonzi Club posts gathering info here. Seems satelite club sites should be geared more toward info on a personal basis or certainly be linked from here - this site should be used for info of a more general interest which really describes most info.

But just my initial thoughts - I have no reddog in the race - "get it?" wink

Fish boy
05-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Babydonzi, i must have been deleting my post while you were responding. Figured, it is a pretty cool name, there are tons of boaters in the area, and at least you are doing something to help other members.

Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way.

Fish

BabyDonzi
05-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Reddog, great point!
Hey Scot, how about a links page for Donzi clubs?
Iliminates the search and confusion!!

BabyDonzi
05-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Sorry Scot, been awhile! Forgot we already had one!

Tomahawk
05-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Southeast Donzi Club sounds good. Or maybe Southeast Donzi Owner's Group. BTW, we saw Laszlo at Mt. Dora. He is working at night and sleeping in the day.
Baby D - you're right. I know what you mean. Whenever I see another Donzi around here, I think, hey, dude, hook up. It would be more fun for everyone. I try to talk to them and give them my e-mail and the Donzi Net web site. Then try to include them in whatever is going on. I haven't counted lately but, there must be close to a 100 Florida owners listed in the Donzi Registry section of this site. Good luck.

BUIZILLA
05-17-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm all for a regional thingy associated with a larger groupie thingy..

does that make sense?

J

ClassicRazorback
05-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Can I join??
I wore my Seadogs shirt yesterday in our office. biggrin.
chris

Donzi Blackhawk
05-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Well, all I can say is that with work, two kids in baseball, one kid in gymnastics, Donzi Kathleen teaching at school, about all I get to do is break away with the Blackhawk about twice a month. (How is that for a run on sentance.)

In reality, the SEADOGS are a great group of people, and I really love hanging out with them, but at this point in my life the kids have me running ragged! Oops, I've got to go, Tommy wants me to pitch to him.

See Ya, Bryant

Speed-Racer
05-17-2003, 06:15 PM
It's true, we do have many DONZI owners in Florida. Just alone on the Southern St. Johns River, we have seen a new 22zx, 26zx and a new Classic 16'....told them about the SEA DOGS but never heard of them again.....if we had a site it's likely that DONZI owners would become a fellow SEADOG! Speaking of which I think the name should stay as is "SEA DOG" It's unique, why have a plain name as the other groups (no offense) while we have the chance to have a creative, yet meaningful name such as the SEA DOGS!

My two cents....

CrackerJack
05-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Here is the logo the laid back SeaDogs (South East Area Donzi Owners Group) have been using.
http://donzi.net/photos/seadog03.jpg

boldts
05-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Let me just throw in that the SeaDogs are a very receptive group also. They even allow us Northern brothers and sisters to join the club. I'm an associate member from Ohio. All I had to do was come to one of their gatherings. They even came to GA, Lake Eufaula which was only a 12 hour drive vs 20 + to FL. Even hooked up with the GA contingent at Atlanta to continue the trip.

We also met a new Donzi owner yesterday on the launch ramp up in MI. (18 Classic) Fellow was so excited because it was his first run with his friends of the season other than a test run a few weeks before. Told him about the Registry and the other gatherings happening which are usually posted here first.

harbormaster
05-18-2003, 10:56 AM
I see other donzi owners here in Texas. I give them my biz card for the registry and the web address. How hard is it to remember donzi.net?

I never hear from them again. Somew folks just do not want to group with other Donzi owners.

This does not make them bad. They just enjoy boating by themselves.

Donzi Las
05-18-2003, 11:00 AM
First impromtu get together..... http://www.donzi.net/photos/donzilas2a.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/donzilas4a.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/donzilas5a.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/donzilas8a.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/donzilas10a.jpg http://www.donzi.net/photos/donzilas15a.jpg

Had a GREAT time!!! Lets do it again, soon...

catch 22
05-18-2003, 12:00 PM
There's something about that white and red 22 classic that I really like. Oh it's mine. :D :D We really had a great time and enjoyed the company. Definitely need to do it again soon. We will keep in touch. :cool:

BabyDonzi
05-18-2003, 05:27 PM
And in one day there were 6!!!!!
Thanks Gina for taking the pics!
For those of you that I have contacted and others that may be lurking out there that I haven't,
We have our first "Informal" gathering planned for Saturday, June 14th. High noon!
Peanut Island, west side, channel marker 43
This should give everyone enough time to mark your calendar! Bring your "mandatory" Donzi equipment, you know, the cooler, the girl, and we may make a trek to the Banana Boat for a late lunch!

DonzigoJR
05-19-2003, 10:00 AM
I am coming in late to the festivities, but what a great idea. The only suggestion that I would add about the name is recognition. If you call the club SEA DOGS then not many people will tie this to Donzi. Maybe call it the Donzi Sea dogs or something along those lines. That way if people see you with the shirt then they will know that it relates to Donzi. I am looking forward to getting together for some Donzi Fun. :p

If I can do anything to help with the starting up of the club let me know. Anything for Donzi and friends....... :D

David Aaron :D

BabyDonzi
05-19-2003, 03:22 PM
David, did you get your e-mail?

BUIZILLA
05-19-2003, 04:04 PM
I had a friend ask me today why I own such a classy boat, and the local club is named DOG..

I couldn't answer him...

hmmm....

J

BabyDonzi
05-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Buizilla,
You cracked me up with that one!
From the imput that I have recieved, it seems that the SeaDogs are more central Florida based. It can't hurt to have a southern sister club, right? If we can get organized here, and plan a get together with them, WOW, Donzis everywhere!!!!!

In it for the good of everyone!

gnbrian
05-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Have been waiting to meet other Donzi fanatics! Will be there @ high noon for the showdown!

Fish boy
05-22-2003, 05:54 AM
From the imput that I have recieved, it seems that the SeaDogs are more central Florida based. Actually, I think the SE part of SEADOGS stands for "South East," as in South East US, and includes members from Ga, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas and Fla, including the southern part. It really is a big happy family, just rather informally organized.

There certainly are a lot of donzi's and some really great members in S. Fla, so if you want to break off, and start your own club I am sure everyone would understand.