PDA

View Full Version : Washing boat at AOTH???

Scott Pearson
04-27-2002, 06:58 AM
Ok....I know I'm going to catch hell on this one. Most of you know that I'm pretty nuts about keeping my boat clean...well maybe not as bad as Dr. Dan. Any whooooo....My classic will be pretty dirty when I get to KY with the trip and all. So will we be able to clean our boats anywhere? I'm sure alot of us feel the same way.

Dont make me bring my Dawn soap and wash this thing in the lake.....

(NJ)Scott

BERTRAM BOY
04-27-2002, 07:42 AM
Scott,
You don't need to wash your boat at AOTH.
I'll drive down in front of you, and all the road sh!t will end up on my POS..........
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

GEOO
04-27-2002, 08:18 AM
Scott, Just put your bathing suit on, spray a little soap on you and the deck and follow behind me. A free prop wash!! GEOO

Gearhead99
04-27-2002, 02:50 PM
Scott,

I agree with you wash on the way in and wash on the exit.
What is abnormal about that??? Women I guess....

Scott Pearson
04-27-2002, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info guys. George...I might take you up on that offer. Cliff....your killing me!

Scott....You going out there?

(NJ)Scott

boldts
04-27-2002, 09:23 PM
Right there with you on the clean boat showing up at the lake. If not the car wash, then the bottle of 409 works real well before and after launching. :)

RedDog
04-27-2002, 10:08 PM
Last year I found that I could count on RickR bathing Genuine Trouble for me - I hope the same is in store for this year :D

Dr. Dan
04-28-2002, 08:41 PM
Pearson, You flatter me :D I will have all of my toys for cleaning and buffing! I will have at least 1 100' cord for vacuum, and I'll have our muffs. :p The Doctor's Bag is always full of tricks for that extra sparkle & shine, the car wash sounds like just the ticket! I'll look that up on the cruise home!!! :cool: ...Doc

Bad-Tat
04-28-2002, 08:48 PM
Scott,
I can provide the same wash service as GEOO. The crew today said the rooster tail was 100' long today. Plenty of space for you to follow and scrub away!!

Scott Pearson
04-29-2002, 04:43 AM
Well if I cant find a car wash then the rooster tail sounds like the ticket. I'm sure I will figure something out. See everyone out there....clean or dirty.

(NJ)Scott

ToonaFish
04-29-2002, 08:14 AM
Is that what you were doing, Bill, washing the inside of Tomahawk as you flew by? :D

Thanks for the cold shower!

Bunches,

Celene

mattyboy
04-29-2002, 08:21 AM
Scott,
I am dissapointed, I would have thought you mister gadget man ( pop up keyless gas cap, matching orange hose clamp.) would have a gizmo like the white static paper that they protect new cars with or a trailer like they haul BMW in that have canvas sides so they don't get soiled. or some kind of orange street sweeper cleaner that can drive ahead of you to clear the way( I think they call it a road apple/pizza sweeper)
:D :D wink :p

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to all!

Matt

Scott Pearson
04-30-2002, 04:37 AM
Matt,
Your kiling me! I have thought of a few things but I dont think they would have worked out. And yes the car cover stuff....I tried that...(Laughing). I just couldnt bring myself to leave it on the paint that long.

(NJ)Scott

Dave98
04-30-2002, 07:49 PM
As a young airman, several years ago, I went looking on the flight line for some prop wash. I kept asking around until someone told me they no longer had any but maybe the trichlor he was using would work..........

Ha! We use 50/50 water and vineger solution to get hard water off. It works pretty good and does not look like it takes of the wax!

Dave

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Good time to stretch the hose on the transom shower!
I am sure DIGGER and I will be a bit road dirty when we arrive.
We plan to look for the washdown place listed above!
Cleaning supplies was the first thing I packed!
Can't wait to see ROATRIPS new hand held dirt delvil, someone was seen with one last year at AOTH....

Bryan

roadtrip se
04-30-2002, 10:08 PM
Roadtrip's Packing List for AOTH2:

-7 1/2 horsepower Black and Decker Dirt Devil with 220 AC power cord complete with kungfu grip.
Hard to keep up with the Tuvell's.

-Two covers, one cockpit and one mooring with scotch guard, just in case there are any clouds in the sky. Bill, I like the bottom of my boat wet, not the top, so I'll pass on the quick wash offer unless it is absolutely necessary!

-Complete detail kit for pre-lake and post-lake preparations. Wouldn't suggest you try standing on my bow, because you won't be there long, just ask Jill.

-Extra white towels to pad the docks.

-Kevelar life vests for rides in all of these hi powered surface drive beasts lurking out there. Toothpicks for picking the bugs from my teeth afterwards.

-Final item, gas powered blender to toast a day that could be no finer.

Pack'em up, move'em out, the Awakening of the Horses is almost upon us and those Donzis will shine. Don't be showing up with a dirty boat, yeh hear!

Todd